• Played in 123 career games (43 starts).
• Averaged 6.5 minutes per game prior to the 2012-13 season.
• Played in all 31 games (30 starts) in 2012-13 and led the team in rebounds (6.1 rpg/18th in the Pac-12) and shot blocks (1.0 bpg/5th in the Pac-12), finished 2nd in FG pct. (41.7) and 3rd in scoring (7.1 ppg).
• Scored in double figures 10 times in 2012-13, including a (then) career-high 18 points (7-13 FGs) in ASU’s double-OT win at Arizona (Feb. 19).
• Also posted double figures in rebounds seven times in 2012-13, including a (then) career-best 12 boards on three occasions.
• Redshirted in 2011-12 after missing most of the season due to lingering effects from a concussion suffered earlier in the season.
• Earned Pac-12 Academic notice 4x (honorable mention 3x and first team once).
• Played in 27 games in 2010-11 and played in 24 games (2 starts) as a freshman in 2009-10 after being slowed by injuries during preseason training.
• Earned First-Team Pac-12 All-Academic honors
• Played in every game (11 starts) and scored in double figures 12x (scored career-high 22 points vs. Oregon) and recorded double figures in rebounds 4x (grabbed career-high 15 rebounds vs. Oregon).
• Led the team in FG pct. (51.4) and finished 3rd in rebounding (4.8 rpg).
• Averaged 19.5 ppg and 12.5 rpg while making 67 percent of her shots (18-27) in ASU’s two contests vs. Oregon.
• Came up 2 points shy of a double-double (8 points, 10 rebounds) in ASU’s season-opening win vs. Hawaii (Nov. 9).
• Came 1 rebound short of a double-double (14 points - 4-7 FGs/6-7 FTs, 9 rebounds) in ASU’s win over Providence (Nov. 23).
• Averaged 11.0 points (13-23 FGs/56.5 FG pct.) and 6.3 rebounds in ASU’s 3 wins at the Cancun Challenge (Nov. 28-30).
• Scored 11 points and grabbed 6 rebounds vs. Sacred Heart (Dec. 7).
• Recorded her first double-double of the season (14 points, 10 rebounds) in ASU’s win over No. 20 Syracuse (Dec. 30).
• Scored 11 points (4-5 FGs) at Washington State (Jan. 3).
• Scored 10 points (5-7 FGs) and had 7 rebs at Washington (Jan. 5).
• Scored 9 of her team-high-tying 11 points in the 2nd half of ASU’s win over UCLA (Jan. 12).
• Posted career highs in points (22), field goals (11) and rebounds (15) to help lead ASU to a 97-94 win over Oregon (Feb. 2). Scored 14 of her points in the second half (7-8 FGs).
• Was a perfect 4-4 from the floor (8 points) in win vs. Arizona (Feb. 4).
• Led team with 11 points (4-6 FGs) in Senior Day win over Utah (Feb. 23).
• Recorded her third double-double of the season (17 points, 10 rebounds) at Oregon (Feb. 28).
• Came 1 rebound short of her 4th double-double of the season (10 points, 9 rebounds) in ASU’s Pac-12 Tournament loss to USC (Mar. 7).
• Played in all 31 games (30 starts) and led the team in rebounds (6.1 rpg - 18th in the Pac-12) and shot blocks (1.0 bpg - 15th in the Pac-12), finished second in field goal percentage (41.7) and third in scoring (7.1 ppg).
• Earned Pac-12 Academic honorable mention recognition for the third straight season.
• Scored in double figures 10 times, including a career-high 18 points (7-13 FGs) in ASU’s double overtime win at Arizona (Feb. 19).
• Also posted double figures in rebounds seven times, including a career-best 12 boards on three occasions: at UTEP (Nov. 18) vs. N.C. State (Nov. 24) and vs. Longwood (Dec. 22).
• Was named to the All-Tournament Teams of both the South Point Thanksgiving Shootout and the ASU Classic.
• Tied her career in blocks (5) in season opener vs. Texas Tech (Nov. 11).
• Scored a game-high 12 points (5-7 FGs) and knocked down a career-high two 3-pointers vs. San Diego (Dec. 12).
• Scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds at Washington State (Jan. 6).
• Scored a (then) career-high 16 points (7-14 FGs) at No. 6 Cal (Feb. 8).
• Tied for the team lead in scoring (8 points) and grabbed a team-high 11 rebounds vs. Utah (Feb. 15).
• Scored a career-best 18 points and pulled down 10 rebounds while playing a career-high 36 minutes in double-overtime win at Arizona (Feb. 19).
• Added a team-high 14 points in the rematch vs. Arizona (Feb. 24).
• Played in the season's first eight games before suffering a concussion prior to ASU's game at DePaul (Dec. 16). Did not return for the rest of the season.
• Scored three points, grabbed three rebounds and had two blocks in ASU's season-opening win vs. UC Riverside (Nov. 11).
• Accounted for season bests in points (7) and rebounds (7) to go along with a career-best five blocks in win over Eastern Washington (Dec. 2).
• Played in 27 games.
• Missed games vs. No. 4 Stanford (Feb. 3) and vs. Cal (Feb. 5) because of a shoulder injury.
• Scored 7 points and pulled down a career-best 10 rebounds in season opening win vs. Northern Arizona (Sept. 12).
• Scored 8 points (3-3 FGs, 2-3 FTs) and grabbed 6 rebounds in ASU's upset of No. 16/18 DePaul (Dec. 21).
• Grabbed 6 rebounds in ASU's win over Arizona (Jan. 16).
• Played in 24 games (two starts) after being slowed by injuries during the team's preseason training.
• Scored four points (2-2 FGs) and grabbed 3 rebounds in win over Furman (Dec. 28).
• Played 13 minutes and scored 3 points and grabbed 3 rebounds vs. Stanford (Feb. 25).
• Started the first game of her career in WNIT 1st round win over NMSU (Mar. 17) and accounted for season bests in scoring (14 points), rebounds (6) and blocks (3) while playing a season-best 15 minutes.
• A 2009 graduate of Marcos de Niza High School in Tempe, Ariz.
• Earned numerous awards during her career, including being named the Pima Region Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year. Also earned the Kori Jacobson Excellence Award.
• A McDonald's All-American nominee who was also named to the Arizona Republic's All-Arizona Team and earned all-city accolades three times.
• Connected on 63 percent of her field goal attempts as a senior while averaging 23.3 points, 17.8 rebounds, 7.5 blocks and 3.9 steals per game.
• As a junior, averaged 19.5 points, 13.3 rebounds, 5.3 blocks, 3.3 steals and 1.3 assists per game.
• Holds her school's single-game record for most free throws (17).
• Once scored 51 of her team's 68 points in a Nike TOC victory.
• Captained her team two seasons.
• Club team was Arizona Elite.
• Also lettered once in volleyball.
• Was a member of the National Honor Society and earned numerous awards off the court, including Tempe Top Teen, English Student of the Year, Homecoming Queen, and earned Scholar-Athlete honors four times.
• Was coached by Kenny Drake at Arizona Elite and Toby Greer, John Greer and Matt Bjorkland at Marcos de Niza.
• Major is marketing and is in ASU's Barrett Honors College.
• Parents are Steve and Ming-Hui Burke.
• Has a younger brother, T.J.
• Was featured in a shampoo commercial when she was four years old.
• Born (Nov. 7, 1990) and lived in Taiwan for 12 years.
• Full name is Joy Marie Burke.
Tickets/Game-Day Info Sun Devil WBB Ticket Information
Recruits Recruit Questionnaire
Around The Nation Pac-12 Women's Basketball NCAA.com Top 25 Polls
History NCAA Tournament Teams Year-by-Year Finishes