• Has started 94 of 128 career games.
• Needs 40 points to reach 1,000 for her career.
• Was named to Pac-12’s All-Defensive Team last season after earning Pac-12 defensive honorable mention notice in 2013.
• Played in every game (31 starts) in 2013-14 and concluded the season as the team leader in steals (1.6 spg) and 4th in FG pct. (44.1) and assists (1.6 apg).
• Was only player on the team to start all 31 games in 2012-13 & finished 1st on the team in steals (1.9 spg - 9th in the Pac-12) and FT percentage (82.8), 2nd in scoring (8.0 ppg) and 3rd in rebounds (4.1 rpg).
• Played in all 32 of ASU’s contests as a freshman in 2011-12 and finished as the team leader in field goal percentage (43.9).
2014-15 (as of Mar. 20, 2015)
• Named All-Pac-12 and to the Pac-12's All-Defensive Team.
• Has started every game and is 2nd on the team in steals (1.75 spg - t9th in Pac-12), is 3rd in scoring (10.9 ppg), assists (2.0 apg) and free throws percentage (73.3) and 4th in FG pct. (46.7), rebounds (3.8 rpg - ASU’s top rebounding guard) and FTs made (55) and attempted (75).
• Current FG percentage of 46.7 is more than 4 percentage points higher than career percentage coming into this season (41.6).
• Has grabbed 5 or more rebounds 10x and nearly half of her rebounds (59 of 120) have come on the offensive end.
• Led ASU in scoring (13.1 ppg) during earlier 14-game winning streak and shot 52.5 percent during that stretch.
• Has scored in double figures 19x.
• Has tied her career high in assists (5) 2x this season and has recorded 3 or more steals 6x.
• Tied her career best with 21 points (8-12 FGs, 5-5 FTs) in ASU’s 62-57 win over Vanderbilt (Nov. 30).
• Was named the Pac-12’s Player of the Week on Jan. 5 after leading ASU with 14 points (5-9 FGs), 3 rebounds and 3 steals in 62-48 win over Washington (Jan. 3). Amukamara was the centerpiece of a defensive gem by the Sun Devils, who held the Huskies 35 points below their scoring average. Amukamara was primarily responsible for holding the nation’s No. 1 scorer, Kelsey Plum, to only 17 points (nine points below her average). Plum scored only four points in the first half as the Sun Devils raced out to a 37-13 halftime lead.
• Tied for team lead with 16 points in (8-13 FGs) in win at UA (Jan. 8).
• Averaged 18.5 points (16-27 FGs/59.3 pct.) and 7.5 rebounds in ASU’s wins at Cal (Jan. 16) and at Stanford (Jan. 19). Scored a game-high 20 points and pulled down 8 rebounds at Cal (Jan. 16). Added game-high 17 points and seven boards at Stanford (Jan. 19).
• Led team with 16 points in win at Oregon (Feb. 15).
• Earned Pac-12 Player of the Week honors a second time after she averaged 15.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.5 steals and connected on 61 percent of her field goal attempts (14-23) in ASU’s wins at UCLA (Feb. 20) and at USC (22). Scored 9 of her 11 points in the 2nd half of win at UCLA. Two days later, she played 48 of a possible 50 minutes in ASU’s 76-73 double-overtime win at USC as she scored a game-high 20 points to go along with 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Scored 16 of her 20 points after halftime, including 8 of ASU’s 12 points in the two overtime periods (4-4 FGs). Combining the second half of both games and the two overtimes vs. USC, Amukamara played 43 of a possible 50 minutes and scored 27 points while knocking down 65 percent of her FG attempts (11-17).
• Named to Pac-12’s All-Defensive Team
• Earned Pac-12 Academic honorable mention notice
• Played in every game (31 starts) and concluded the season as the team leader in steals (1.6 spg) and 4th in field goal pct (44.1) and assists (1.6 apg).
• Had a season-high 4 steals 6x and a season-high 5 rebounds 5x.
• Scored in double figures 8x and shot a combined 61.5 percent from the floor (40-65) in those games.
• Scored 13 points (5-8 FGs) to go along with 4 steals in ASU’s season-opening win over Hawaii (Nov. 9).
• Led team with 16 points (7-10 FGs) in win over Providence (Nov. 23).
• Averaged 9.3 points and 3.0 rebounds and connected on 60 pct. of her FGs (9-15) and 90 pct. of her FTs (9-10) in ASU’s wins over Illinois, No. 11 North Carolina and Arkansas State (15 points/5-8 FGs, 4-4 FTs, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 assists) at the Cancun Challenge (Nov. 28-30).
• Dished out a career-high 5 assists in ASU’s win over Sacred Heart (Dec. 7).
• Scored 8 of her 10 points in the 2nd half of ASU’s win over Miami (Dec. 21).
• Scored 8 points and tied her season high with 4 steals in ASU’s win over No. 20 Syracuse (Dec. 30).
• Scored 11 points in ASU’s win vs. USC (Jan. 10).
• Added 11 points in ASU’s win over No. 15 Cal (Jan. 17).
• Made a pair of critical defensive plays in the final 14 seconds of ASU’s 65-62 win at Utah (Jan. 24). With ASU up 63-62, forced a turnover and then with ASU up 3, intercepted a pass in the closing seconds that was intended to help set up a game-tying 3-pointer.
• Scored 7 points and had her fourth, season-best 4-steal game of the season in ASU’s win over Colorado (Jan. 26). For the second time in as many games, she made two critical defensive plays in the final minute to help ASU come away with the win.
• Had 4 assists and 4 steals in win vs. Oregon State (Jan. 31). Had critical assist and steal in final minute that helped ASU come back from a seven points deficit in the last 95 seconds of the game.
• Scored 11 of her season-high 19 points in the 2nd half of ASU’s win over Oregon (Feb. 2).
• Scored 10 points (4-5 FGs) in ASU’s NCAA Tournament win vs. Vanderbilt (Mar. 22).
• Was the only player on the team who started all 31 games.
• Earned Pac-12 defensive honorable mention notice.
• Finished first on the team in steals (1.9 spg - ninth in the Pac-12) and free throw percentage (82.8 - would have finished second in the Pac-12, but did not have enough attempts to qualify), second in scoring (8.0 ppg) and third in rebounds (4.1 rpg).
• Scored in double figures nine times, including a career-high 21 points in ASU’s double OT win at Arizona (Feb. 19).
• Shot 55 percent (16-29 FGs) from the floor during ASU’s five-game winning streak in December.
• Scored 11 points and had a career-high seven steals to go along with three assists in win vs. Florida (Nov. 25). The seven steals were the most by a Sun Devil in 2012-13.
• Posted her third double-figure scoring effort of the season (10 points) vs. Longwood (Dec. 22).
• Led ASU with a (then) career-high 15 points (6-10 FGs) and grabbed five rebounds vs. Idaho State (Dec. 30).
• Paced ASU in points (13) and steals (3) in win vs. Oregon St. (Jan. 13).
• Scored all nine of her points in the second half of ASU’s 60-53 come-from-behind win at USC (Jan. 25).
• Came one rebound short of first career double-double (11 points, nine rebounds) vs. Washington (Feb. 3).
• Scored 14 points and tied her career high with four assists in ASU’s loss to No. 21 Colorado (Feb. 17).
• Posted career highs in points (21), field goals (9) and minutes (40) in ASU’s double overtime win at Arizona (Feb. 19).
• Scored 10 points, grabbed five rebounds and dished out three assists in regular season finale vs. USC (Mar. 3).
• Posted career highs in points (21), field goals (9) and minutes (40) in ASU’s 81-77 double overtime win at Arizona (Feb. 19).
• Pulled down a career-high 14 rebounds, the most of any Sun Devil in 2012-13, in ASU’s Pac-12 Tournament first round contest vs. Washington State (Feb. 19).
• Played in all 32 of ASU's contests and finished as the team leader in field goal percentage (.439).
• Connected on 89 percent of her free throws (24-27) over the last 16 games of the season.
• Nearly half (24) of her 52 rebounds came on the offensive end.
• Scored 6 points and had 3 steals in ASU's season opening win vs. UC Riverside (Nov. 11).
• Contributed 8 points and 4 rebounds in win over Boston College (Nov. 20).
• Scored all 7 points in the second half of ASU's loss vs. No. 13 Rutgers (Nov. 26).
• Scored a career-best 12 points in wins vs. CSFU (5-7 FGs) and vs. Army (5-5 FGs).
• Scored 7 of her 9 points (4-6 FGs) in the 2nd half of ASU's win at Washington State (Jan. 26).
• A 2011 graduate of Apollo High School in Glendale, Ariz.
• Named to Parade Magazine’s 35th annual All-America High School Girls’ Basketball Team (2011).
• Helped lead Apollo to the 2011 4A-I Arizona State Championship.
• Was named the state of Arizona’s Gatorade Girls’ Basketball Player of the Year in 2011.
• Was named an Honorable Mention All-American by the WBCA and was the Western Sky Conference POY (2010-11).
• Competed for the Nigerian National Team at the 2011 FIBA U19 World Championship.
• Brother (Prince) was drafted in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants.
Tickets/Game-Day Info Sun Devil WBB Ticket Information
Recruits Recruit Questionnaire
Around The Nation Pac-12 Women's Basketball NCAA.com Top 25 Polls
History NCAA Tournament Teams Year-by-Year Finishes