SUN DEVIL OVERVIEW
- Will enter junior season of 2014-15 with 71.13 stroke average in 27 career events and 31 rounds in the 60s and three career wins. Has posted par or better in 47 of 83 career rounds. CHECK OUT SOME OTHER CAREER NOTES HERE
- Earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors in 2013-14 and was a second-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2012-13.
- Has NCAA-best 21 eagles in past two seasons.
- Didn't get the 2012-13 National Freshman of the Year, but an argument could be made he should have, but he did earn 2012-13 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year.
- Earned Honorable Mention All-American honors in each of his first two seasons.
- Shot a NCAA Championship opening-round record 61 on May 28, 2013.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2013-14)
- Won the 2014 ASU Thunderbird Invitational in record fashion with a 21-under 192.
- Led nation for second straight year with 12 eagles after notching nine in first year.
- Stroke average of 70.84 was best by a Sun Devil since Niklas Lemke went 70.03 in 2006-07.
- Averaged 3.06 on par three scoring, best by a Sun Devil since Chez Reavie averaged 3.05 in 2003-04.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2012-13)
- Posted wins at the Bill Cullum Invitational and the Lamkin Grips San Diego Classic.
- One of only two players in the nation to play 46 rounds in 2012-13, and all of them counted. Ranked first in the nation in par-5 scoring at 4.51 strokes and tied for first with nine eagles.. Also led nation with 165 birdies, beating NCAA champion Max Homa by three.
- Second Sun Devil to win the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year, as 2003 NCAA champion Alejandro Canizares won honor in 2003. Also a second-team All-Pac-12 selection and his 71.37 stroke average is best by a Sun Devil freshman.
- Tied with senior and NCAA Champion Max Homa of California as the only two players in the nation to play 46 rounds, and amazingly Jon had his score count in all 46. Only two other Sun Devils in the previous 20 seasons had 100 percent scoring: Chris Hanell in 39 rounds in 1996-97 and Niklas Lemke in 2006-07 in 37 rounds.
- Jon's nine eagles was tied for the best mark in the nation with Xander Schauffele of San Diego State. That also is the most by a Sun Devil in the previous 20 seasons, topping Paul Casey's eight eagles in his freshman season of 1997-98.
ABOUT THAT 2014 THUNDERBIRD SCORE: Jon Rahm's 21-under 192 at the 2014 ASU Thunderbird Invitational in March broke the school's 54-hole final score record and the Thunderbird Invitational record, while ASU's 817 was the lowest team score in the history of the tournament.
SUN DEVIL LOWEST 54-HOLE TOURNAMENT SCORES (1993-94 TO PRESENT)
Jon Rahm, 192/-21 (2014 ASU Thunderbird Invitational)
Jesper Kennegard, 197/-13 (2008 UH Hilo Invitational)
Benjamin Alvarado, 198/-18 (2007 NCAA West Regional in Tempe)
Alejandro Canizares, 200/-16 (2004 ASU Thunderbird Invitational)
Jeff Quinney, 201/-15 (1999 ASU Thunderbird Invitational)
JON RAHM 2013-14 (12 TOURNAMENTS/37 ROUNDS/70.84 AVERAGE)
Kikkor Golf Husky Invitational 75-73-71=219/+3/T-25
Tucker Invitational 68-72-79=219/+3/T-9
Alister Mackenzie Invitational 67-69-71=206/-10/6
Bill Cullum Invitational 67-70-70=207/-9/T-2
Warrior Princeville Makai Invitational 72-68-67=207/-9/T-8
Amer Ari Invitational 69-74-67=210/-6/T-30
Southern Highlands Masters 76-71-75=222/+6/T-12
ASU Thunderbird Invitational 62-64-66=192/-21/1
Seattle Redhawk Invite 68-67-68=203/-8/2
68th Annual Western Intercollegiate 70-7-71=218/+8/T-45
Pac-12 Championship 77-75-77-72=301/+13/T-36
NCAA Columbia Regional 73-75-68=216/E/T-26
JON RAHM 2012-13 (15 TOURNAMENTS/46 ROUNDS/71.37 AVERAGE)
Gopher Invitational 81-73-78=232/+16/T-41
Kikkor Golf Husky Invitational 75-73-73/=221/+5/T-15
Pac-12 Preview 77-64-65=206/-10/2nd
Alister MacKenzie Invitational 69-71-74=214/+1/ T-26
Bill Cullum Invitational 72-65-67=204/-12/1st
Arizona Intercollegiate 75-70-69=214/+1/13th
The Amer Ari Invitational 73-70-74=217/+1/T-42
The Prestige at PGA West 71-74-74=219/+3/T-26
North Ranch Intercollegiate 79-75-72=226/+13/T-30
Lamkin Grips SD Classic 72-70-67=209/-7/1st
ASU Thunderbird Invitational 75-68-69=212/-1/T-11th
67th Annual Western Intercollegiate 69-72-69=210/E/7th
Pac-12 Championship 75-67-68-75=285/+5/10th
NCAA Tempe Regional 73-69-68=210/E/T-23
NCAA Championship 61-72-71=204/-6/T-2nd