CLICK HERE for Nelson's Career Statistics
- Excellent athlete with experience at multiple positions between his high school and junior college careers.
- A perfect fit for the three-back role in ASU's offense, will vie for time to replace record-setting tight end, Chris Coyle.
Redshirt Junior (2013):
- Saw action in all 14 games on the season at both tight end and running back, was a special teams star and also saw time at rush end in a couple games, logging his first career defensive tackles.
- Earned All-Pac-12 Honorable Mention (Special Teams) recognition
- Assisted in the rushing game, recording 15 attempts for 53 yards and two touchdowns.
- First two rushing touchdowns of his career came against Arizona.
- Had seven receptions for 107 yards and two touchdowns recording his first career receiving touchdown against Sacramento State on his only reception of the game.
- Played on special teams and defense recording 16 tackles and two forced fumbles.
- Had a career high three tackles against Washington State and recorded his first forced fumble against Utah.
San Joaquin Delta College:
- Rated by ESPN as the No. 78 overall junior college prospect in the country and the nation's No. 7 junior college tight end recruit.
- Caught 26 passes for 218 yards with two touchdowns in nine games in 2012.
- Was named First-Team All-Valley Conference as a sophomore.
- Earned All-State honors in 2011, leading Delta to a victory in the Silicon Valley Bowl.
- Coached by Gary Barlow at San Joaquin Delta College.
- Verbally committed to ASU on Jan. 20, 2013.
- Attended Chavez Senior High School.
- Was regarded as the No. 19 overall prospect in central California by Scout.com as a senior in 2009 and ranked by Scout.com as the No. 158 running back prospect in the nation as high school senior.
- Carried 106 times for 824 yards with six touchdowns and caught 13 passes for 294 yards with three scores as a senior in 2008 and added 16 tackles and two pass deflections.
- Played running back and free safety.
- Also played basketball in high school.
- Rushed 88 times for 602 yards with seven touchdowns and added 24 tackles with 3.5 sacks as a sophomore in 2006 at Stockton (Calif.) Lincoln High, playing fullback and linebacker.
- Chose ASU over reported scholarship offers from Fresno State, Memphis, Nevada, San Diego State, Texas Tech, Utah State and Western Michigan.
- Coached by Eric Duncon at Chavez Senior HS.