- Has the ability to play either guard or tackle.
- In early spring practice, may have established himself as the best option at left guard.
- Can bench press over 500 pounds.
Redshirt Sophomore (2013):
- Saw action in his first game as a Sun Devil against Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl.
- Spent the year on the scout team getting ready to take on a starting role in the 2014 season.
- Provided depth to a senior offensive line.
- Redshirted in 2011.
- Was limited due to an injury in 2012 but appeared in two games with one start at left guard.
- One of the most sought after high school football recruits in Arizona history out of Chandler (Ariz.) Hamilton High School.
- Widely regarded as a five-star prospect as a high school senior and is one of the most highly rated recruits ever to join the Sun Devil football program.
- Was the top recruit in the state of Arizona his senior year.
- Named the nation's No. 2 offensive tackle and the No. 6 player nationally by ESPN.com/Scouts, Inc., ranked as the nation's No. 1 offensive guard and the No. 17 player in the nation by Scout.com, remains the top rated offensive high school prospect from Arizona since Scout.com began its ratings in 2002, rated as the No. 3 offensive tackle in the nation, the No. 1 recruit from Arizona and the No. 26 player overall nationally by 24-7Sports. Listed as the nation's No. 3 offensive tackle, the No. 1 player in the state of Arizona and the No. 27 player in the nation overall by Rivals.com, ranked as the nation's No. 5 offensive tackle and the No. 16 overall prospect in the MaxPreps Top 100.
- Named to the PrepStar Dream Team as the No. 8-ranked player in the nation.
- Named an All-American, the nation's No. 2 offensive lineman and the No. 2 recruit from Arizona by SuperPrep, and the No. 21 overall player nationally in the SuperPrep Elite 50.
- Selected to play in the 2011 Under Armour All-American game following his senior season.
- Named to USA Today's All-USA first team offense and also listed on Associated Press' Top 25 best players in the West Helped lead his team to back to back undefeated junior and senior year seasons with an overall record of 29-0.
- Earned All-Arizona honors by the Arizona Republic in 2009 and 2010.
- Was a teammate of Sun Devils Jaxon Hood and Anthony Jones at Hamilton High and was a starter on three consecutive state champion teams for the Huskies.
- Had a multitude of scholarship offers as a senior at Hamilton High including ones from schools such as Alabama, California, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, UCLA and USC in addition to ASU and Auburn. "We're excited to be back home and be part of the Sun Devil nation," Westerman's father said. "The momentum of this program is unbelievable. I like everything that [Coach Graham is] about which is hard work and accountability, stuff that Christian is used to."
- Coached by Steve Belles at Hamilton High School.
- "We're excited to add Christian, who is one of the best players to have come out of this state in a while," coach Graham said. "When it comes to recruiting, the one thing that you cannot replace is family and what it means. What our program stands for now - character and class - you can stay right here at home and do everything you want to do. That's compete for a Pac-12 championship, as well as nationally, and also be proud of the team you're apart of. I think Christian said that he's gotten more love in the past two days than he got two years somewhere else. That right there tells you a lot about the importance of the community our student-athletes compete in. We're thrilled to bring one of the best in the state back home."
Personal: Son of Christian Westerman, Sr. and Jodie Westerman. Born Feb. 23, 1993.