- Has the ability to play either guard or tackle.
- An absolute force in the weight room, named to the annual Bruce Feldman's "Freak List"
- A violent punch off the line of scrimmage and great positioning make him one of the premier guards in the conference.
REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2014):
- In his first season, started as left guard for ASU
- Helped create holes for the trio of ASU running backs, led by D.J Foster who had a career year
- All Pac-12 Honorable Mention
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2013):
- Saw action in his first game as a Sun Devil against Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl.
- Spent the year on the scout team getting ready to take on a starting role in the 2014 season.
- Provided depth to a senior offensive line.
- Redshirted in 2011.
- Was limited due to an injury in 2012 but appeared in two games with one start at left guard.
- One of the most sought after high school football recruits in Arizona history out of Chandler (Ariz.) Hamilton High School.
- Widely regarded as a five-star prospect as a high school senior and is one of the most highly rated recruits ever to join the Sun Devil football program.
- Was the top recruit in the state of Arizona his senior year.
- Named the nation's No. 2 offensive tackle and the No. 6 player nationally by ESPN.com/Scouts, Inc., ranked as the nation's No. 1 offensive guard and the No. 17 player in the nation by Scout.com, remains the top rated offensive high school prospect from Arizona since Scout.com began its ratings in 2002, rated as the No. 3 offensive tackle in the nation, the No. 1 recruit from Arizona and the No. 26 player overall nationally by 24-7Sports. Listed as the nation's No. 3 offensive tackle, the No. 1 player in the state of Arizona and the No. 27 player in the nation overall by Rivals.com, ranked as the nation's No. 5 offensive tackle and the No. 16 overall prospect in the MaxPreps Top 100.
- Selected to play in the 2011 Under Armour All-American game following his senior season.
- Named to USA Today's All-USA first team offense and also listed on Associated Press' Top 25 best players in the West Helped lead his team to back to back undefeated junior and senior year seasons with an overall record of 29-0.
- Earned All-Arizona honors by the Arizona Republic in 2009 and 2010.
- Had a multitude of scholarship offers as a senior at Hamilton High including ones from schools such as Alabama, California, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, UCLA and USC in addition to ASU and Auburn. "We're excited to be back home and be part of the Sun Devil nation," Westerman's father said. "The momentum of this program is unbelievable. I like everything that [Coach Graham is] about which is hard work and accountability, stuff that Christian is used to."
- Coached by Steve Belles at Hamilton High School.