ASU’s Nick Kelly Named To 2015 Rimington Trophy Watch List (May 19, 2015)
CLICK HERE for Kelly's Career Statistics
- Looks to retain his starting position at center
- Adds a valuable presence at center which also allows ASU's coaches to rotate other linemen throughout the interior line positions.
- Brings a year of junior college playing experience to Tempe but maintains four years to play three for the Sun Devils.
- Was named second-team All-Pac-12 and Pac-12 All-Academic second team
- Made his first career start against Weber State at center and went on to be the primary center the rest of the season
- Helped create holes for the trio of ASU running backs, led by D.J foster who had a career year
- Played in five games mostly in a reserve role.
- Provided good depth at center behind Senior Kody Kobensky.
American River College:
- A 2012 graduate of American River College in Sacramento, Calif.
- Rated by Rivals.com as the No. 95 overall junior college prospect in the country and the nation's No. 12 junior college offensive line recruit.
- Chose ASU over offers from Nevada and Wyoming.
- Verbally committed to ASU on Dec. 16, 2012..."I loved my trip to Arizona State so it was an easy decision. The facilities really impressed me on the visit and I had a good time hanging out with the players there. They were great guys. The Arizona State coaches like my leadership and my athleticism. They also like how I can call the protection and call the keys. They feel that I can really help the team."
- Graduated from Orangevale (Calif.) Casa Roble High School.