Redshirt Freshman (2014):
- Provided depth at the linebacker position
- Played in five games for the Sun Devils
- Redshirted for the season
- One of Arizona's most versatile football players, he excelled at linebacker, running back and also punted in high school.
- Graduated early from Blue Ridge under Coach Paul Moro to enroll at ASU for the spring semester as one of the top overall prospects in the state of Arizona this year.
- Listed as a PrepStar All-American in 2012.
- Rated by Rivals.com as the nation's 150 overall prospect, the No. 13 outside linebacker recruit and the No. 3 overall prospect in the state of Arizona.
- Evaluated by Scout.com as a fullback and was rated the top national recruit at the position as well as the No. 148 overall prospect, regarded as a four-star prospect by both Rivals.com and Scout.com.
- Included in the Tacoma (Wash.) News Tribune Western 100 List.
- Blue Ridge compiled a 40-2 during the 2010-12 seasons with three state championship game appearances and a state title in 2011.
- Helped lead Blue Ridge to a 14-1 record and a state championship game appearance in 2012.
- Was an All-State recipient as a junior in 2011 after posting 61 tackles while also rushing for 682 yards and 16 total touchdowns guiding Blue Ridge to a 14-0 record and the state championship in 2011.
- Earned All-State and All-Region honors as a sophomore in 2010 after recording 86 tackles and 8.0 sacks.
- Verbally committed to ASU on June 13, 2012, choosing ASU over reported scholarship offers from schools including Arizona, Arkansas, Boise State, California, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon State, USC, Utah, Washington and Washington State.
- "Chans had an opportunity to go anywhere in the country and he came here," coach Graham said. "I think that has a lot to do with what our program is about. He's big, fast, strong and versatile, and he's going to be a guy that will be impactful to our program in a hurry. We signed DJ (Foster) and Jaxon (Hood), who were two of the best players in the state last year, and then to add Chans, who is one of the top guys in Arizona this season, is something we're very proud of. His size, his speed and his character are things that really separate him, but it is the leadership that we think he can provide that really gets us excited."