- Tall defensive back with a year of college playing experience as well as three additional years of eligibility.
- Will compete for playing time in the defensive backfield.
- Very disruptive in pass coverage in both high school and junior college.
Redshirt Junior (2013):
- Added depth to the defensive backfield.
- Totaled double-digit pass deflections as a junior college redshirt freshman, the same college that gave ASU recently departed senior receiver Rashad Ross.
- Recorded 38 tackles, a team-high 12 passes defended including one interception.
- Runs a 4.53 40-yard dash.
- Chose ASU over reported offers from Houston and Idaho because "It was beautiful," Means said of his visit to ASU. "It was really different for me being a California boy. I didn't know want to expect with the Desert and the cactus trees but everything was really nice. I loved the college atmosphere and you can tell the whole college is into the team. Everywhere we went people recognized the players."
- Committed to ASU on Feb. 6, 2013, National Letter of Intent Signing Day.
- Coached by Jeff Jordan at Butte College.
- Attended Lincoln High School in Stockton, Calif.
- Totaled double-digit pass deflections as a high school senior.
- Played wide receiver and defensive back in high school and caught 20 passes for 172 yards with one touchdown.
- Finished second on the team in receptions behind eventual All-Pac-12 receiver Brandin Cooks.
- Added 18 tackles, 12 passes defended, four interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
- Initially signed with Weber State out of high school before attending Butte College.
- Coached by Brian Gray at Lincoln High.