- Fearless defender that is capable in run support and in coverage
- Co-captain in 2015
- 2015 Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention
- 2014 All Pac-12 Honorable Mention
- Student Ministry Project in Euless, Texas
- Cooks Children’s Hospital
- Numerous Sun Devil Football camps and youth clinics
- Scholar Baller Program at Cesar Chavez HS
- Participation in FCA
REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2015):
- Started 12 games
- Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention
- Finished season with a total of 51 tackles, including 33 solo, 6.5 tackles for loss, and two sacks
- Added an interception, five pass breakups and six pass deflections, and fumble recovery
- Recorded an interception and a career-high three pass breakups to go with five tackles against UCLA (10/3)
- Notched career highs with three tackles for loss and 11 total tackles against Cal Poly (9/12)
- Collected eight total tackles, including one for loss, against UNM (9/18)
- Added three tackles and a fumble recovery vs. Arizona (11/21)
- Had seven tackles and 1.5 TFL against Texas A&M (9/5)
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2014):
- Recorded 5.5 tackles per game this season
- All Pac-12 Honorable Mention
- Logged his first career sack in the opener against Weber State (8/28).
- Recorded nine tackles against New Mexico (09/06)
- Added a sack and four tackles against USC (10/4)
- Had five tackles and half a tackle for loss against Stanford (10/18)
- Wreaked havoc against Washington (10/25), finishing with a then-career-high 10 tackles with two sacks and forced fumble
- Recorded nine tackles against Duke in the Sun Bowl (12/27)
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2013):
- Saw action in 10 games including his first career start against Sacramento State and first career start at SPUR linebacker against Utah.
- Had 21 tackles on the season including one tackle for loss.
- Recorded one pass deflection against Sacramento State to go along with three tackles.
TRUE FRESHMAN (2012):
- Saw action in two games, including the season opener against NAU (8/30) as well as against Missouri (9/15) before an injury cut his freshman campaign short.
- Redshirted on the year.
- Made an immediate impact in the first-career game, recording an interception which he returned for 22 yards.
- Accumulated four tackles on the season (three solo).
- Ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 42 safety in the nation and the No. 92 overall prospect in the state of Texas, listed by Scout.com as the No. 104 safety recruit in the country, rated by ESPN as the nation's No. 150 safety prospect.
- Is a cousin of former ASU defensive lineman David Moala.
- Chose ASU over reported FBS offers from Arizona, Baylor, Colorado, North Texas, Tulsa and UCLA.
- Coached by Steve Lineweaver at Trinity High School.