- Recieved All-Academic honorable mention in 2014.
- Ranks second all-time in the indoor pole vault with a best of 13-09.50 (4.20).
- Also sits second on ASU's all-time outdoor pole vault rankings with a career-best of 14-01.25 (4.30m).
- Finished second in the pole vault at the Mt. Sac Relays with a 4.15m (13-7.25).
- Placed first in the pole vault at the NAU Tune Up with a 4.00m (13-1.50).
- Competed in the Pole Vault at the NCAA Division 1 West Preliminary Round.
- Placed Eighth in the Pole Vault with a mark of 3.82m (12-06.25).
- Captured second place in the Pole Vault at the ASU-UA-NAU Tri-Dual 4.00m (13-01.5).
- Finished eighth at the 55tth Mt. SAC Relays in the Pole Vault with a mark of 3.90m (12-09.5).
- Finished First in the Pole Vault at the LSU Battle on the Bayou with a mark of 3.89m (12-09).
- Finished second in the Pole Vault at the UW Final Qualifier with a mark of 3.94 (12-11).
- Placed eighth in the Pole Vault at the MPSF Indoor Track and Field Championships with a mark of 3.94m (12-11).
- Finished first at the New Mexico Don Kirby Elite with a mark of 4.22m (13-10).
- Finished First at the Texas A&M Challenge in the Pole Vault with a mark of 4.02m (13-02.25).
- Placed third overall at the Pac-12 Championships with a mark of 4.28m (14-00.50).
- Advanced to the NCAA preliminary round.
- Placed second at the 54th Annual Mt. SAC Relays clearing 4.30m (12-01.25) a career best that set her second on the all-time outdoor records list.
- Finished top three at all meets prior to heading to NCAA Preliminaries.
- Snagged sixth place at the MPSF Indoor Championships with a mark of 3.93m (12-10.75).
- Finished second at the Texas A&M Challenge clearing height of 3.87m (12-08.25).
- Finished top eight at all 6 meets competed in to score points for the Sun Devils.
- Qualified in the pole vault for the NCAA Division I West Preliminary round where she was 22nd overall.
- Finished fifth overall in the PAC-10 with a clearance of 13-00.75 (3.98m).
- Set an outdoor career best at the Baldy Castillo Invite with a clearance of 13-02.25 (4.02m).
- Competed at the MPSF Indoor Track & Field Championship to score points for the Sun Devils with a fifth placed showing and a clearance of 13-01.75 (4.01m).
- Set a career record of 13-09.25 (4.20m) for a first-place finish at the New Mexico Collegiate Invitational.
- A 2010 graduate of Desert Vista High School (Phoenix).
- Lettered in track & field four times and captained the team as a junior and senior.
- Arizona state champion in the pole vault as a junior and senior.
- Set the state record for freshmen with a clearance of 12-00.00.
- Set the all-grade level state record as a senior with a clearance of 13-04.00 at the 2010 Meet of Champions.
- Four-time Chandler Rotary champion.
- Two-time Rotary Most Valuable Field Performer (2009, 2010).
- Three-time Outstanding Vaulter of the Year (2007, 2008, 2010).
- Arizona Republic Girl's Track & Field Athlete of the Year (2010).
Personal: Majoring in psychology with a minor in family studies ... Parents are Robert and Catherine Simpson ... Has two sisters: Laryssa and Aliya ... Sister Laryssa competed in pole vault for four years at Utah ... Born March 16, 1992, in Phoenix ... Hobbies include black & white films ... Full name is Shaylah Teryn Simpson.
Personal Bests • Pole Vault: 4.30m (14-1.25)