Click here for more information on Barrett, The Honors College, as Garrett is a student there along with several other Sun Devil student-athletes
- Finished eighth in the 3000m steeplechase at the Pac-12 Championships in 2014.
- Named to the 2014 Pac-12 All-Academic first team and owns a 4.0.
- Ranks seventh in school history in the 3000m steeplechase with a career best 8:51.34 (2013).
- Placed eighth at the Pac-12 Championships in the 3000m steeplechase (9:11.71).
- Placed sixth in the 3000m event at the Double Dual with a career best 8:29.67.
- Placed seventh in the mile at the NAU Invitational with a personal best 4:17.60.
Arizona State (2013):
- Won the ASU-UA-NAU Tri-Dual 3000S with a time of 9:09.31.
- Finished fifth in the Pac-12 Track & Field Championships 3000S with a time of 8:51.34.
- Competed in the NCAA Division I West Preliminary Round, which ranks seventh in school history.
- Advanced to the Pac-12 Championship Finals in the 5000m run and finished with a time of 14:53.11 and also in the 3000S where he had a time of 9:14.88.
- Came in second during the Sun Angel Classic clocking a time of 3:54.80 in the 1500.
- Placed third during the Arizona State Invitational in the 3000S with a time of 9:04.98.
- Participated solely during the NAU Tune-Up, where he ran 4:26.48 in the mile run placing 7th
- Opened the season redshirting and won the 2,000m steeplechase at the Baldy Castillo Invitational and second in the 3,000m steeplechase at the ASU Invitational.
- Won the ASU Invitational in 9:20.88 for his top time on the year.
- Placed 11th in the steeplechase at the Pac-10 Championships.
- Also ran the 5,000m run at the conference meet.
- A 2010 graduate of Corona del Sol High School (Tempe).
- Lettered three times in soccer, twice in track & field and once in cross country .
- Did not start competing in track & field and cross country until the start of his junior year.
- Earned all-city honors in cross country (2009) and track & field (2010) as a senior; Also was all-region in both sports the same years.
- 2009 All-East Valley cross country selection.
- Finished as the state runner-up in the 3,200m run as senior with his teammate taking the title.
- Member of the National Honor Society.
- 2009 Epsilon Sigma Alpha Outstanding Youth State Award.
Personal: Majoring in kinesiology and pre-med ... Parents are Tim Baker and Mindy Slama, step parents are Tom Bower and Mary Baker ... Has four siblings: brothers Carter and Chris and sisters Amanda and Emily ... Born October 19, 1991, in Phoenix ... Full name is Garrett Richard Baker-Slama.
Bests • 1500: 3:54.60 • 5000: 14:30.90 • 3000S: 8:51.34