- Recieved All-Academic honorable mention in 2014.
- Ranked fourth in school history in the 5000m (2014).
- Ranked sixth in school history in the mile and the 3000m event (2014).
- Competed in the 5000M at the 2013 NCAA Division 1 West Preliminary Round.
- Competed in the 10000m run at the Pac-12 Championships.
- Placed third in the mile run with 4:03.85 at the 36th Sun Angel Classic (4/11).
- Placed fifth in the 5000m run with 14:33.79 at the Pac-12/Big Ten Invitational (3/28).
- Ran a new career best of 3:44.61 in the 1500m run, taking second at the Baldy Castillo Invitational (3/20).
- Ran a personal best of 14:11.45 in the 5000m run, taking 11th at the MPSF Indoor Championships (2/27).
- Placed third in the 3000m run with 8:03.75 at the Alex Wilson Invite (2/21).
- Placed 40th in the 5000m run with 14:19.78 at the Husky Classic (2/13).
- Finished second in the mile at the Sun Angel Classic with a personal best 4:02.09, which is good for sixth in school history.
- Ranked fourth in school history in the 5000m with a career best 13:44.81.
- Placed second in the 1500m at the ASU Invitational with a career best 3:45.71.
- Finished eighth in the 3000m at MPSF with a career best 8:02.42, which is good for sixth in school history.
- Placed second in the 3000m at the Husky classic (8:09.81).
- Finished eleventh at MPSF in the 5000m with a personal best 14:12.21.
- Competed in the 5000M at the NCAA Division 1 West Preliminary Round.
- Finished ninth in the 10,000M at the Pac-12 Track & Field Championships with a Personal Best time of 30.02:15.
- Finished second at the ASU-UA-NAU Tri-Dual in the 5000M with a time of 14:40.44.
- Recorded a Personal Best time of 13:51 in the 5000M at the 55th Mt. SAC Relays.
- Finished in First Place in the 5000M at the 2013 ASU Invitational with a time of 14:02.9.
- Recorded a Personal Best time of 3:46.83 in the 1500M at the 34th Sun Angel Classic.
- Competed in both the 5000M and the 3000M at the MPSF Indoor Track and Field Championships.
- Finished third in the 3000M at the Texas A&M Challenge with a time of 8:24.56.
- A 2011 graduate of Trabuco Hills High School (Mission Viejo, Calif.).
- Lettered three times in cross country and twice in track & field.
- Served as the team captain for both squads one time each.
- Helped team to the Orange County Championship in 2010 and added three league team titles in his time on the squad.
- Earned all-county recognition twice.
- Selected as the team's MVP in 2009 and earned the Coaches Award in 2010 and 2011 in cross country.
- Named the team's Top Newcomer in the 2008-09 season.
- Earned a spot in the Arcadia 3,200m race as a senior and ran a personal-best time of 9:11.
Personal: Majoring in exercise and wellness ... Parents are William and Joni Herson ... One brother, Spencer ... Born March 25, 1993, in Laguna Hills, Calif. ... Hobbies include going to the beach, skiing, card and video games and watching movies ... Full name is Ryan William Herson.
Personal Bests • 1500: 3:45.71 • 3000: 8:02.42• 5000: 13:44.81 • 10,000: 30:02.15