|Major:||Family & Human Development|
• An incredibly gifted player who is equally dangerous with her feet or in the air.
• Concluded her Sun Devil career ranked eighth on ASU’s all-time goals list (22), ninth in scoring (54 points) and sixth in game-winning goals (7).
• A starter in 62 of 66 career games, was named to the Pac-10’s All-Freshman Team in 2010 and in 2011 earned Pac-12 Second-Team recognition. In 2013 earned Pac-12 Player of the Week honors on two occasions and was named All-Pac-12 honorable mention at the conclusion of the season.
• Earned Pac-12 Academic honorable mention recognition in 2012 and 2013.
• Finished second on the team in both goals (6) and points (15).
• Scored her first goal of the season in ASU’s win at Stephen F. Austin (Sept. 1).
• Was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week and the CS360 National Primetime Player of the Week after she helped lead ASU to a 4-3 double-overtime win over Illinois (Sept. 6) and a 4-0 win over Kansas (Sept. 8) in the annual Sun Devil Classic. Marshall, who was named the Sun Devil Classic MVP, tallied four goals on the weekend, tying her single-game career-high with two in each game, and assisted on teammate Cali Farquharson’s game-winning goal in the 107th minute in the win over Illinois.
• On Oct. 1 was named the Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week for the second time in 2013 after scoring the game-winning goal with 19 seconds left in ASU’s 1-0 win over USC.
• Assisted on Sara Tosti’s game-winning goal in ASU’s 1-0 win at Oregon (Oct. 11).
• Earned Second-Team All-Pac-12 honors and Pac-12 Academic honorable mention recognition in addition to being named the team's Offensive MVP.
• Despite missing the equivalent of nearly six games due to injury (started 14 of 16 games), still finished second on the team in both goals (9) and points (20).
• Finished second in the Pac-12 in goals per game (.056) and fifth in points per game (1.25).
• During one stretch in non-conference play, Marshall scored at least one goal in five straight games in which she played (at NAU - Aug. 24, at Missouri - Aug. 3, vs. Pepperdine - Sept. 9, vs. LMU - Sept. 14 and vs. FIU - Sept. 16). Missed two games due to injury during that span - at Kansas - Sept. 2 and vs. Houston - Sept. 7.
• Tied her career-high with two goals in ASU’s wins at NAU (Aug. 31) and vs. Utah (Oct. 25).
• Also missed contests vs. USC (Sept. 28), vs. UCLA (Oct. 1) and at Washington State (Oct. 5) due to injury. Although she played, Marshall missed the majority of ASU’s contests at Washington (Oct. 7) and its NCAA Tournament first round game vs. Baylor (Nov. 9). Was forced to leave in the first half of the Baylor game after a violent collision in the air.
• Assisted on teammate Cali Farquharson’s game-winning goal with fewer than two minutes remaining in ASU’s 2-1 win over Arizona (Nov. 2).
• Played in 12 games and started 11.
• After missing seven games due to injury scored two goals in her first weekend back with two goals against Oregon.
• Tied for second on team in points (10).
• Was named to the Pac-10’s All-Freshman Team following a season in which she played in all 20 games (18 starts) and finished third on the team in scoring (10 points), tied for third on the team in goals (3) and tied for first on the team in assists (4).
• Scored a goal in her first career game at Northern Arizona (Aug. 20).
• Notched her second goal of the season in ASU’s 1-1 tie vs. Cal (Oct. 24).
• Closed out her freshman campaign with a goal in ASU’s NCAA Tournament game at UC Irvine (Nov. 12).
• A 2010 graduate of Christian High School (El Cajon, CA) where she lettered in soccer (4 years), cross country (2 years), and volleyball (1 year).
• Team Captain for Soccer her junior and senior years.
• Named 1st Team All League (`09 & `10), MVP (`08 & `09), and Best Offensive Player (`07).
• Coached by Amanda Rowland, Kellie Corbett, and Cissy Butler.
• Major is Family & Human Development.
• Parents are Kevin and Kimberly Marshall.
• Has one brother and one sister -Courtnie and Kevin.
• Born in March of 1992 in San Diego, Calif.
• Hobbies include hanging out with friends and siblings, going to the beach, and going to concerts.
• Full name is Devin Elizabeth Marshall.
Getting to know Devin Marshall...
If you could play any other sport at the collegiate level, what would it be? Volleyball
What is one thing you would never leave home without? My cell phone
What is your most memorable moment being a Sun Devil? The goal I scored against UC Irvine in the first round of NCAA tournament my freshman year.
The perfect meal includes? Anything unhealthy is a good meal
If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do? Go to the casino and put it all down on black. Go big or go home right?
If you could be on any reality T.V show, what would it be? Battle of the Exes
What is your favorite quote? "The only thing standing between you and your goal is the story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it"
What's your favorite class you've taken so far at ASU? Homicide and Serial Killers
If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why? Greece, because ever since I saw sisterhood of the traveling pants it has been my dream vacation.
What is your biggest pet peeve? Slow drivers in the fast lane