• A four-year starting defender for the Sun Devils, Roth was named the team’s defensive most valuable player in 2012 and started 76 out of 78 career games from 2010-13.
• Was a three-time first-team Pac-12 All-Academic honoree,.
• Was instrumental in helping ASU reach the NCAA tournament two of her fours years on campus (2010, 2012.
• Culminated her decorated career by being named the Pac-12’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Roth became the 25th Sun Devil to earn the award.
• Was one of ASU’s key contributors on a Sun Devil back line that posted the team’s best goals against average (1.31) since the 2009 squad that gave up 1.20 goals per game
• The Sun Devils allowed one or fewer goals 12 times, including seven shutouts.
• Among the seven shutouts was ASU’s historic 1-0 win at (then) unbeaten and second-ranked Stanford on Oct. 6, which ended the Cardinal’s 73-game unbeaten streak at home and its 44-game winning streak in conference games.
• Earned first-team Pac-12 All-Academic recognition for the third straight season.
• Recorded one assist (vs. Southern Utah - Sept. 13) and attempted nine shots for the season (2 SOG).
• Started all 21 games and earned the team’s Defensive MVP award.
• Played a big role in helping the Sun Devils allow one goal or fewer 12 times, including five shutouts.
• Earned First-Team Pac-12 All-Academic recognition for the second consecutive season.
• Played in and started 18 games.
• Scored the first goal of the season for ASU in 7-0 victory over Northern Arizona (Aug. 19).
• Earned first team Pac-12 All-Academic honors in her first year of eligibility. Her 3.96 GPA was tied for third highest of all honorees.
• Played in all 20 games (18 starts).
• Scored the first goal of her career in ASU’s 3-1 win over Baylor (Aug. 29).
• Notched her second goal of the season in ASU’s 4-2 win over Tennessee (Sep. 10).
• A 2010 graduate of Bishop Amat Memorial High School (La Puente, Calif.) where she lettered in soccer (4 years), cross country (4 years) and track & Field (4 years).
• Team captain for Soccer (2007-2008) and Cross Country (2009).
• Earned First Team All Del-Ray League Soccer in 2009 and 2010 and Second Team All Del-Rey league Soccer in 2008.
• Earned Soccer First Team All -San Gabrield Valley (2009-2010) and Second-Team All-CIF Soccer in 2010.
• Won the Pat Haden Award and High School Female Athlete of the Year in 2010.
• Was a Scholar Athlete from (2006 -2010).
• Is a New American University Scholar.
• Maintained the fifth-highest GPA in high school, was a National Honor Society member 2007-2010.
• Was coached by Ruben Gonzalez.
• Major is Biochemistry.
• Parents are Tim and Katherine Roth.
• Has one brother and one sister - Tyler and Ashley.
• Cousin Josie played soccer at Oklahoma in 1997-2001.
• Born in July of 1992 in Glendora, Calif.
• Hobbies include reading, making mixed tapes, and tanning at the beach.
• Full name is Jasmine Lorraine Roth.
Getting to know Jasmine Roth...
If you could play any other sport at the collegiate level, what would it be? Softball. Growing up I played both soccer and softball competitively until I had to choose which sport to focus on. I was better at soccer, but I still miss softball whenever I see a game.
What is something people would be surprised to find out about you? I used to drive an Astro Van until I got a Honda Civic. Thank goodness for the Cash for Clunkers program!
What is your most memorable moment being a Sun Devil? Scoring the first goal of the season against NAU this past year with my mom and sister in the stands.
What are some of your hobbies? I enjoy tanning and reading. What California girl doesn't enjoy sun bathing while reading a good book?
Why did you choose Arizona State? It's a Pac-12 school, Barrett is one of the top honors colleges, it was only a five-hour drive or hour plane ride from home, and it had so many majors for me to pick from and explore.
The perfect meal includes? My dad's grilling and asparagus.
If you could be on any reality T.V show, what would it be? America's Next Top Model or Real Housewives.
Who is your favorite athlete? Phillip Lahm from the German National Team. We both play the same position.
What is your favorite quote? "Passion is knowing what you want and not stopping until you get it."
What's your favorite class you've taken so far at ASU? Organic Chemistry. It's so neat to learn the underlying principles behind how soap and over-the-counter and prescription drugs work.
If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why? England. I would be able to speak in my British accent all day long without annoying anyone.
What is your biggest pet peeve? When people don't take responsibility for their actions
ASU Soccer History Photo Gallery - ASU's All-Americans Photo Gallery - ASU's All-Pac-10 Players Photo Gallery - Team Photos
Camps and Clinics Summer Camps Parental Consent Form
Around The Nation Pac-12 Soccer NCAA Women's Soccer NSCAA Rankings Soccer Buzz Rankings Soccer Times Rankings
Throw Ins Calling All Former Sun Devil Student-Athletes