|High School:||Corona del Sol|
Click Here for Abby Spiel's Career Stats
- After seeing the field more frequently during the 2015 season, the speedy outfielder will look to play an important senior role in the outfield her senior season in 2016.
- Has nine RBI this season and is batting at a .333 clip on the year. Her nine RBI are notable as she had just five in her career entering the season.
- Is second on the team with 13 hits with a runner in scoring position on 30 chances (.433).
- Is 13-for-14 on stolen base attempts this season, leading the team and tied for first in Pac-12.
- Is exceptional at moving base-runners, doing so 40 times on 70 chances (.571).
- Holds the team's longest reached base streak this season, getting on board at least once in 14 straight games.
- Has a two-RBI base-clearing triple - the first of her career - against Northern Iowa in what would prove to be the difference in a 3-1 victory.
- Was ASU’s most consistent batter on opening weekend, finishing with a team-leading .556 average of 10-of-18 hitting with three walks. Scored six runs on the weekend and stole three bases.
Ended the season with a .363 batting average which ranked her second behind Amber Freeman.
Was given Most Improved Player award by her teammates for the 2015 season on May 10.
Her .432 on-base percentage was good for fourth on the team while she was a perfect 3-for-3 on stolen base attempts.
Went 5-for-9 to go along with two walks in the Kajikawa Classic, posting an impressive .636 on base percentage.
Went 2-for-3 with two runs scored against California on Mar. 21.
Had an eight game hit streak which was the second highest on the team.
- Got her first career hit against Detroit on March 3. Primarily used as a pinch runner.
- Scored 18 runs on the season and stole two bases.
- Coming off the bench as a pinch runner and hitter during the non-conference portion of the season. Scored her first career run against Cal State Northridge on Feb. 8.
- Became a regular on the base path during Pac-12 play, scoring her first run in conference at Stanford on April 7.
- Appeared in 11 games during the Pac-12 as a pinch runner and scored in seven of those games.
- Made her first appearance in the NCAA Tournament during the WCWS as a pinch runner in the game against Texas (May 30) and Michigan (June 1).
A two-year captain at Corona Del Sol High School under head coach Jennifer Ray.
Spiel played with the Hotshots Gold travel team based out of Tempe.
Spiel was a two-time 5A Central All-Region First Team at utility and outfield.
Abigail Renee Spiel is the daughter of James and Kim Spiel and has one sister Mary. She is majoring in early childhood education and hopes to become a teacher when she graduates. She was Cindy Lou Hou at a Suns games and danced with the Gonilla and dancers when she was seven. Spiel's hobbies include, dancing, watching movies, shopping and loving her dog, George.