Click Here for Abby Spiel's Career Stats
- After seeing the field more frequently during the 2015 season, the speedy outfielder will look to play an important senior role in the outfield her senior season in 2016.
- Went 5-for-9 to go along with two walks in the Kajikawa Classic, posting an impressive .636 on base percentage.
- Second on the team in batting average, hitting .368 in her 44 games played.
- Went 2-for-3 with two runs scored against California on Mar. 21.
- Had an eight game hit streak which was the second highest on the team.
- Ended the season with a .363 batting average which ranked her second behind Amber Freeman.
- Was given Most Improved Player award by her teammates for the 2015 season on May 10, 2015.
- Got her first career hit against Detroit on March 3. Primarily used as a pinch runner.
- Scored 18 runs on the season and stole two bases.
- Coming off the bench as a pinch runner and hitter during the non-conference portion of the season. Scored her first career run against Cal State Northridge on Feb. 8.
- Became a regular on the base path during Pac-12 play, scoring her first run in conference at Stanford on April 7.
- Appeared in 11 games during the Pac-12 as a pinch runner and scored in seven of those games.
- Made her first appearance in the NCAA Tournament during the WCWS as a pinch runner in the game against Texas (May 30) and Michigan (June 1).
- A two-year captain at Corona Del Sol High School under head coach Jennifer Ray, Spiel is the third product the Sun Devils have signed out of Arizona.
- Abby will use experience with the Hotshots Gold travel team based out of Tempe to make an immediate impact for ASU in the outfield.
- Spiel is a two-time 5A Central All-Region First Team at utility and outfield.
Abigail Renee Spiel is the daughter of James and Kim Spiel and has one sister Mary. She is majoring in early childhood education and hopes to become a teacher when she graduates. She was Cindy Lou Hou at a Suns games and danced with the Gonilla and dancers when she was seven. Spiel's hobbies include, dancing, watching movies, shopping and loving her dog, George.
Most Improved Player Award | May 10th
Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention | May 30