Click Here for Abby Spiel's Career Stats
Primarily used as a pinch-runner in her first two seasons in Tempe, Spiel scored 18 runs and stole two bases during the 2014 season.
The speedy outfielder will look to compete for a starting outfield spot during the 2015 season.
- Went 5-for-9 to go along with two walks in the Kajikawa Classic, posting an impressive .636 on base percentage.
- Second on the team in batting average, hitting .368 in her 44 games played.
- Went 2-for-3 with two runs scored against California on Mar. 21.
- Spiel has been solid in the outfield for the Devils, fielding 1.000 percent on the season with 40 putouts and one assist.
- Got her first career hit against Detroit on March 3. Primarily used as a pinch runner.
- Scored 18 runs on the season and stole two bases.
- Coming off the bench as a pinch runner and hitter during the non-conference portion of the season. Scored her first career run against Cal State Northridge on Feb. 8.
- Became a regular on the base path during Pac-12 play, scoring her first run in conference at Stanford on April 7.
- Appeared in 11 games during the Pac-12 as a pinch runner and scored in seven of those games.
- Made her first appearance in the NCAA Tournament during the WCWS as a pinch runner in the game against Texas (May 30) and Michigan (June 1).
- A two-year captain at Corona Del Sol High School under head coach Jennifer Ray, Spiel is the third product the Sun Devils have signed out of Arizona.
- Abby will use experience with the Hotshots Gold travel team based out of Tempe to make an immediate impact for ASU in the outfield.
- Spiel is a two-time 5A Central All-Region First Team at utility and outfield.
Abigail Renee Spiel is the daughter of James and Kim Spiel. She has one sister Mary, who is a junior on the ASU softball team. She is majoring in bioscience. She was Cindy Lou Hou at a Suns games and danced with the Gonilla and dancers when she was seven. Hobbies include, dancing, watching movies, shopping and walking her dog.
Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention | May 30