|Position:||Right Handed Pitcher|
- Received Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honors for allowing only three hits and zero runs in 12 innings pitched in two starts against Southern Mississippi on April 25 and April 27.
- Against Southern Mississippi recorded her third career no-hitter in the five-inning contest.
- Only allowed 12 earned runs in 73.2 innings pitched after start against San Jose State on March 8.
- Started the season 6-0 with a 0.59 ERA, her second consecutive season starting undefeated.
- Finished the season 20-3 with a 2.15 earned run average.
- Pitched a career best nine strikeouts in a 6-1 victory against Cal State Northridge on Feb. 8, her first appearance of the season.
- Started the season perfect, going 13-0 before the start of conference action.
- Threw her second no-hitter, ASU's 24th all-time, against North Dakota on March 1 exactly one year after her first personal no-hitter.
- Worked herself to becoming one of two ace pitchers in the circle, surpassing her single-season win totals for her sophomore and freshman campaigns.
- Struck out five in a 5-3 win against Pac-12 Champion No. 3 Oregon, her high in a conference game this year. In conference, Popescue ranked fifth overall in ERA. For her career she ranks 13th in wins (39) and 14th in strikeouts (203) at ASU.
- Earned a nod on the Pac-12 All-Conference Second Team on May 15 and NFCA All-Region Second Team on May 16.
- At the end of the season, had a 19-6 record for a 1.94 ERA.
- Saw the most time in the postseason in her career, throwing one inning against Kentucky in the Super Regional, May 25, and against both WCWS opponents - went 0.2 innings against Texas with a strikeout and then fanned four against Michigan on June 1.
- Pitched 51.2 innings for a 2.30 ERA and 7-2 season record.
- Had three shutouts and one combined, while also pitching her first personal no-hitter against Wichita State on March 1 in ASU's 11-0 (5) win.
- Named Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention (June 5).
Redshirt Freshman (2011):
- Had an impressive 13-3 record in her first full season with the Devils, starting 17 games out of 23 total appearances.
- Mackenzie notched a 2.22 ERA through her 97.2 innings pitched, allowing only 72 hits and 35 runs. She recorded 63 strikeouts and only 38 balls, and held her opponents to a .201 batting average.
- Finished the year being named Pac-10 Academic All-Conference Honorable Mention, Pac-10 All-Conference Honorable Mention and Pac-10 All-Freshman.
Redshirted her true-freshman year.
- Another home-grown product of Arizona, Mackenzie joins the Sun Devils as the finishing touch to a stellar pitching staff for the 2011 Sun Devils.
- A 2009 graduate of Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Ariz., Popescue was a four-time letter winner in softball, a team that she captained her junior and senior seasons. The list of her honors include: a four-year MVP winner as well as a four-time All-State honoree while also being named the 2008 & 2009 All-City Player of the Year. In the 2008 Desert Mountain Tournament she also collected MVP honors.
- After leaving Chaparral, Mackenzie's name graced the record books in the home runs, doubles and triples for the Firebirds, and lists winning the Desert Mountain Tournament MVP in 2008 as her most exciting moment in sports.
The exercise and wellness major was born in Scottsdale, Ariz. to Mike and Cyndi Popescue. She is the oldest of two with a younger brother Tyler. Her full name is Mackenzie Anne Popescue. She is a vegetarian and her hobbies include hiking.
Mackenzie Popescue's Career Stats:
Popescue in the postseason
2013, 5.4 innings pitched
2012, 0.1 innings pitched
No-hitter versus Southern Missisippi | Release
Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week | Release
Pac-12 All-Conference Second Team | May 14
NFCA All-Region First Team West Region | May 15
Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention | May 30
NFCA All-Region Second Team | May 16
Pac-12 All-Conference Second Team | May 15
No-hitter vs. North Dakota | March 1
Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention | June 5
First personal no-hitter vs. Wichita State | March 1
Pac-10 Academic All-Conference Honorable Mention
Pac-10 All-Conference Honorable Mention
Pac-10 All-Freshman Team