|High School:||Saint Mary's|
One of the greatest players of any sport to don the Maroon and Gold in here career, Dallas Escobedo joins the Sun Devil softball staff as a graduate manager this season.
Escobedo finished her career as one of the most decorated Sun Devils in any sport, with one national championship and three trips to the Women’s College World Series under her belt.
Escobedo had a 115-26 all-time record (.815 winning percentage) and a 2.01 career ERA. She came three wins shy of matching Katie Burkhart’s school record of 118 victories.
She finished with 1,222 strikeouts, good for second in ASU history, and became just the 14th player in Pac-12 history to accomplish the 1,000-strikeout feat. Escobedo reached the 300-strikeout plateau in three different seasons and holds the fourth, fifth and sixth highest strikeout totals for a single season in program history.
Dallas Escobedo Career Bio:
- Struck out 16 batters twice against Arizona on March 28 and against Southern Mississippi in a complete game shutout on April 26.
- Threw a no-hitter with 13 strikeouts in a 1-0 victory against Longwood on March 4.
- Threw three one-hit games in her first five starts (5-0) of the season, including a one-hitter against No.11 Oklahoma on February 14.
- Finished her spectacular career with a record of 115-26 and a total of 1,222 strikeouts, ranking her second all-time in Sun Devil Softball history behind Katie Burkhart.
- Finished the season with a 30-6 record, 2.32 ERA and 325 strikeouts through 250.2 innings pitched. Her 30 wins tied for sixth in single-season marks and boosted her career tally to 91, second behind all-time leader Katie Burkhart's 118.
- Named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week during the opening weekend of play, Feb. 12, on April 15 and on May 13 for a total of five weekly Pac-12 honors in her career. Named USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Week on May 14. Continued her week of packing her trophy case by being named Pac-12 First Team All-Conference on May 15 and NFCA All-Region First Team on May 16.
- Pitched a no-hitter with Alexis Cooper against Boise State on Feb. 10, with a perfect game going through five innings. Had 15 strikeouts in her season debut against New Mexico. Recorded her career best in single-game strikeouts, 19, against Portland State on Feb. 22, which also marked the highest number of innings pitched, 12.0. Outright became fifth in career wins at ASU (77) on March 24 against No. 12 UCLA with the help and save from Mackenzie Popescue, 5-4.
- Started season off being named to USA Softball's Top 50 Player of the Year Watch List.
- Became second all-time at ASU with three wins in the NCAA Tempe Regional, getting her 89th win on May 19 against Georgia. Her career strikeout total of 871 also ranks third, coming from 310 fanned batters in 2013; her 9.7 strikeouts per seven innings ranking 13th nationally going into the postseason.
- Went 3-0 in the Tempe Regional, starting the postseason with ASU's first postseason no-hitter in program history, against San Jose State on May 17, marking her second solo no-hitter in her career. Threw a one-hitter against Georgia on May 18 and got a third win against Georgia on May 19 for a 0.00 ERA in 21.0 innings pitched to start the NCAA Tournament. Named Second Team All-America on May 29.
- Moved up in the record books (here) after posting a 24-8 record in 211.0 innings pitched with a 2.32 ERA on the year to be ranked eighth all-time in wins (61) and fifth in strikeouts (561).
- In single-season marks, her 2012 campaign was ninth in wins (24) and eighth in strikeouts (237). Top 50 Watchlist for 2012 Player of the Year, threw her first no-hitter against Central Connecticut (Feb. 24), pitched a season-high 14 strikeouts against Northwestern (Feb. 10).
- Named First Team Pac-12 All Conference (May 16) and First Team NFCA All-West Region Second Team (May 17). Honorable Mention Pac-12 All-Academic (June 5).
- Had a stellar breakout season, helping the Sun Devils win the 2011 WCWS Championship, and finishing the season with a 37-3 record and 1.51 ERA. Started 38 of the squad's 66 games, notching 326 total strikeouts and allowing only 58 runs.
- Dallas etched her name in Sun Devil lore as she became second in team history in single-season wins behind Katie Burkhart's 41 wins in 2008.
- She also holds the fourth most strikeouts. Earned All-American First Team accolades, as well as Pac-10 Pitcher of the Week twice (Feb. 7-13, Apr. 18-24). Also received USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Week honors for the week of Feb. 16. Awards include: First Team All Pac-10, Pac-10 All-Freshman Team, Pac-10 Freshman of the Year, WCWS All-Tournament Team, WCWS co-Most Outstanding Player, NFCA First Team All-West Region.
- Joined the USA Softball Women's Junior Team to bring home the second-consecutive gold medal from the World Championships.
- The 2010 graduate from Saint Mary's High School in Phoenix was a four-time letterwinner in softball and two-time letterwinner in basketball. Escobedo captained her softball team for two of her four seasons in which time she was named the 2007 Arizona Player of the Year and an All-American from 2007-2009.
- Some of her records include 501 strikeouts in one season in 2007 and 500 in 2010 as well as winning a State Championship and the MaxPreps tournament in 2010, both of which she lists as her most exciting moment in sports.
- Also brought home the gold medal in 2011 for the USA Softball Women's Junior Team at the Pan American Championships.
Dallas Escobedo's Career Stats:
Escobedo in the postseason:
First Team All-American Senior CLASS Award | May 30
Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention | May 30
NFCA Division I All-American Second Team | May 28
NFCA All-Region First Team West Region | May 15
Pac-12 All-Conference First Team | May 14
USA Softball Top 25 Finalist for Player of the Year | Release
USA Softball Top 10 Finalist for Player of the Year | Release
NPF First Overall Draft Selection - Pennsylvania Rebellion | Release
Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week | April 7 | Mar 3
NFCA Division I Player of the Week | Mar 3
No-hitter vs. Longwood | Mar. 4 | Third solo no-hitter in career
NFCA Second Team All-America | May 29
No-hitter vs. San Jose State | May 17 | ASU's first post-season no-hitter, her second solo in career
NFCA All-Region First Team | May 16
First Team Pac-12 All-Conference | May 15
USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Week | May 14
Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week | Feb. 12 | April 15 | May 13
USA Softball Top 50 Player of the Year Watch List | Release
24-8, 2.32 ERA, 211.0 innings pitched | Statistics
Second Team NFCA All-West Region | Release
First Team Pac-12 All-Conference
Honorable Mention Pac-12 All-Academic | June 5
Top 50 Watchlist for 2012 Player of the Year
Pitched first career no-hitter on Feb. 24 against Central Connecticut
37-3, 1.51 ERA
First Team All-American
Women's College World Series co-Most Outstanding Player
Women's College World Series All-Tournament Team
First Team All Pac-10
Pac-10 All-Freshman Team | Release
Pac-10 Freshman of the Year
First Team NFCA All-West Region
Pac-10 Pitcher of the Week: Feb. 16 | April 27
USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Week | Feb. 16
Member of the USA Softball Women's Junior Team that won gold at the World Championships