#55 Elizabeth Caporuscio
Lake Arrowhead, Calif.
Rim of the World
Ranks second in ASU single-season history with her 17 doubles in 2014 and tied for seventh all-time with her 38 career doubles.
Caporuscio's 127 career RBI rank 13th in ASU career history and her 26 home runs rank 17th overall.
- Had three RBIs in the Kajikawa Classic, tying for 15th all time on the ASU RBI leaders list (115).
- Had a three-run home run against Boston University on Feb. 14th to break the game open.
- Had another three-run home run on Feb. 20th against Colorado State.
- Had a double, a walk, a run and two RBI against Binghamton on Feb. 28th.
- Went 2-for-4 with one home run, two runs scored and four RBI on April 4 against California.
- Had five straight multi-hit games between March 2 and March 6 and went 11-for-16 with 4 RBI during that stretch.
- Started the season off with a 7-game hit streak and went 9-for-22 during that stretch with 3 doubles and 5 RBI.
- Finished the 2014 campaign with a .322 average with 55 hits, a team-high 17 doubles and 32 RBI.
- Recorded numerous career highs during non-conference slate: had a career best four hits against Portland State, Feb. 22, a pair of doubles against New Mexico State, March 10, her first triple against Kentucky, Feb. 9, and five RBI against Pittsburgh, March 9.
- Prior to the start of the Pac-12 portion of the schedule, her game-highs in runs (3), hits (4), doubles (2) and triples (1) tied for tops on the team.
- Earned Pac-12 All-Academic Second Team honors on May 31.
- Played in 59 of ASU's 62 games and all seven of the NCAA Tournament games.
- Had hits in the Women's College World Series against both Texas and Michigan.
- Finished the year with 28 runs, 48 hits, 12 doubles and 29 RBI.
- Posted a game-high three runs scored against Wichita State (March 3), has had three-hit games on three occasions and three-RBI games onseven occasions.
- Finished second on the squad in home runs with 16 which also ranks in single-season records at 8th and career records already at 17th.
- Completed opening campaign with a .324 batting average, 60 hits, 51 runs scored, 51 RBI and a .395 on-base percentage.
- Named Second Team Pac-12 All-Conference, Pac-12 All-Freshmen Team (May 16) and First Team NFCA All-West Region (May 17).
- A standout from Rim of the World High School, Caporuscio is a four-time All-Mountain Valley League recipient and a 2011 League Offense Most Valuable Player. She was a team captain her junior and senior seasons, while maintaining a grade point average above 3.81 during her entire high school career.
- A force at the plate, the lefty hitter compiled a .625 batting average, 56 RBI and 10 home runs her senior year stacking her trophy case with awards such as: First Team MaxPreps Small Schools All-American, First Team All-State Softball Overall by CalHiSports ESPN Rise, First Team All-State Softball Overall by MaxPreps Sports, CalHi Sports ESPN Rise Small School State Player of the Year and MVP of the All-Mountain Valley League.
- Played travel ball for the Corona Angels with much success, including: ASA 18U Champions Cup Winner in 2011, 2010 ASA 18U Champions Cup Winner, 2009 ASA 18U Gold Nationals, 2008 ASA 14U third-place finish at Nationals and 2007 Fresno Force Classic Champions.
She is the daughter of Tom and Carol Caporuscio and has one brother, Thomas, and one sister, Courtney. The chemistry major was a four-year letterwinner in softball and one-year letterwinner in basketball. Her full name is Elizabeth Mary Caporuscio. An interesting note about Caporuscio is that she is a natural lefty. Her hobbies include snowboarding and wakeboarding.
Elizabeth Caporuscio's Career Stats
Pac-12 All-Academic Second Team | May 30
Pac-12 All-Conference Honorable Mention | May 14
First Team CoSIDA All-Region | May 1
Pac-12 Academic All-Conference Second Team | May 31
First Team NFCA All-West Region | Release
Second Team Pac-12 All-Conference| Release
Pac-12 All-Freshman Team | Release