|Hometown:||Chino Hills, Calif.|
|High School:||Chino Hills|
Click Here for Nikki Girard's Career Stats
Despite coming in to ASU as a shortstop, Girard spent her freshman season at first base and her sophomore and junior seasons as the starting second baseman.
- The infielder will enter the 2016 season as a senior leader with a starting position nailed down, looking to build on her strong finishes to 2014 and 2015.
- A career .259 hitter entering the season, Girard is batting a .339 clip this year.
- Is currently second on the team with 35 RBI this season (already surpassing her previous single-seaon best)and leads the squad with nine doubles.
- Has been incredible with runners in scoring position this season, batting 24-for-48 (.500) which leads the team - notable as she had just 16 hits last season with RISP.
- Second on the team with 14 two-out hits and leads team with 14 two-out RBIs this year.
- Had the highest average on the team in the Cal series, going 6-for-10 (.600) with a hit in each game, four RBI, a double and a homer.
- Ended a five-game hitless streak in a big way against Texas Tech in the series finale (3.26), hitting agrand slam to blow the game open.
- Was named Pac-12 Player of the Week for effort in the Diamond Devil Invitational. Finished the tourney with a slugging percentage of 1.417 and was perfect 18-for-18 fielding at sedon base.Bat 10-for-12 over five games (.833) with a team-leading nine RBI and four doubles and added two walks topost a .857 OBP.
Was a Pac-12 All-Conference Honorable Mention selection ending her 2015 season and also earned Pac-12 All-Defensive accolades.
Posted an impressive .963 fielding percentage at second base.
Struck out just seven times in 160 at bats.
Tied for fourth on the team with 11 doubles.
Was a standout on defense at second base during the Kajikawa Classic, assisting or recording outs on 35 balls in play over the seven game stretch.
Went 2-for-2 with two doubles and four RBI on Feb. 21 against Indiana State.
Went 2-for-2 with a double, two RBI and two runs scored on Feb. 28 against Binghamton.
Hit her first home run of the season against Washington on Mar. 14.
Went 3-for-4 with a double and two RBI on May 1 against Stanford.
Her home run against UCLA on May 9 helped spur a nine run comeback and a series victory.
- Went 2-for-5 with a double and two RBI on April 18 against Washington.
- Went 2-for-3 with one home run and 4 RBI against Wisconsin on March 8.
- Hit in nine straight games from Feb. 6 to Feb. 15. and had 8 RBI during that stretch.
- Named to the Pac-12 All-Freshman Team on May 15.
- Hit her first career grand slam against North Dakota on Feb. 28, one of three for ASU prior to the start of Pac-12 play.
- Had a single-game high three hits, three runs scored and two doubles against Boise State on Feb. 10.
- Helped ASU beat No. 12 UCLA with a home run in the series finale of the conference opening series. Had two homers against the Bruins, hitting .444 with six RBI and a 1.111 slugging percentage in the series. At the end of the season she had four home runs, one against in-state rival Arizona on May 3.
- Second on the team in doubles with 12. Played in all seven of ASU's NCAA Tournament games, recording an RBI-double against San Jose State in the Tempe Regional on May 17.
- A product out of Chino Hills High School under coach Mike Southworth, Girard had a lengthy resume at CHHS and for her club team the Corona Angels 18U Gold with coach Marty Tyson.
- Girard's trophy case included: Sierra League Champions and Most Valuable Player (2011), First Team All-CIF Southern Section (2011), Second Team All-State Softball Underclass by CalHiSports ESPN Rise (2011), she was a two-time CIF Southern Secion DIV III Semi-Finalist and DIV II Semi-Finalist and holds the CHHS record for most doubles in a single season and career doubles.
- Her club accolades entail: ASA 18U Champions Cup winners in 2010 & 11, ASA 16U Champions Cup Tournament Champions (2009) and ASA Nationals appearances from 2005-2009 with top finishes in 2005 (10U National Champions), 2007 (12U 3rd place), 2008 (14U 3rd place), 2009 (14U 2nd place).
Nicole Taylor Girard is the daughter of Scott and Kim Girard. She has one sister, Erika. She is majoring in interdisciplinary studies with concentrations in events management and tourism. Girard's hobbies include going to the river and reading.
Pac-12 All-Conference Honorable Mention
Pac-12 All-Defensive Team Honorable Mention
First career grand slam | Feb. 28 vs. North Dakota