|Hometown:||Santa Clarita, Calif.|
Click Here for Bethany Kemp's Career Stats
- After tearing up conference play towards the end of the 2013 campaign, Kemp continued her hot-hitting into the 2014 season, hitting 11 home runs during the season.
- Finished her career as a Sun Devil ranking second for runs scored (42), third with a .589 slugging percentage, third for RBIs (43), and tied for first with 15 homeruns.
- Hit a three-run home run against Ole Miss on Feb. 6th.
- Had three home runs and six total hits in the Kajikawa Classic.
- Hit a walk-off grand slam against No. 4/3 Oklahoma on Feb 15th after the Sooners intentionally walked two hitters before her.
- Hit a three-run home run as well as a grand slam on the weekend in the Judi Garman Classic.
- Hit her third grand slam of the season, this one coming against Washington on Mar. 14.
- Went 3-for-6 with two home runs and three RBI in the final two games against Oregon on April 11-12.
- 19 of her 46 hits in 2015 have gone for extra bases, and she has the only triple so far for the Devils.
- Tied for first on the team in home runs with 15. Kemp hit a home run in five straight games from April 11-19.
- Went 8-for-14, all singles, with two RBI in the series against Stanford.
- Finished her senior season with a career high of 51 hits, ranked second on the team with numbers of runs scored (42).
- Had a season total of 14 multiple hit games.
- Was voted Most Valuable Player and Clutch Performer of the Year awards at the ASU end of season banquet by her teammates.
- Went 5-for-9 with two home runs, three RBI and six runs scored in series against California April 4-6.
- Went 1-for-2 with a 2 RBI double and one walk against Wisconsin on March 8.
- Named Player of the Game on Feb. 14 against SIUE when she went 1-for-2 with a two-run home run and one walk.
- Finished the season with a .303 batting average, 11 home runs and a .436 on-base percentage.
- Started and played 56 games for the Sun Devils.
- Recorded career bests in four categories during the non-conference slate. Hit first career home run against Cal State Northridge on Feb. 8. Had a single-game best two runs against Illinois State, Feb. 16, three hits against New Mexico State, March 10, two doubles against Indiana, Feb. 8, and her first homer against a ranked team, No. 15 Michigan on the road March 15 at the Judi Garman Classic.
- Stepped into a leadership roll as the year progressed, becoming a clutch performer during the Pac-12 slate.
- Scored two runs on three occasions - including Utah and California, recorded three hits twice, including at Utah, and hit a career best two home runs against the Utes on April 19.
- Continued to dominate in the Pac-12 portion of the schedule, hitting three RBI against California on April 27 and Utah on April 19.
- Finished the regular season with nine homers, 24 runs scored and a career best 43 hits.
- Named Pac-12 All Conference Honorable Mention on May 15. Picked up hits in the NCAA Tournament during the Tempe Regional against San Jose State and Georgia.
- Played in 54 games on the year, finishing the season with 25 runs, 45 hits, nine home runs and 27 RBI.
- Started six games in 26 played, finishing the year with a .323 batting average with 10 hits and five RBI.
- Recorded two hits at Washington (April 29) and two RBI against Illinois State (Feb. 19).
- Kemp will add strength to the infield as the Valencia High School graduate brings a trophy case which includes: All-Foothill League First Team honors (2010-11), First Team CIF, NFCA All-Region Second Team, First-Team All-Area (2011), Southern Section All-Division First Team (2011), a CIF Championship in 2008 and was named All-State First Team by maxpreps.com.
- During the 2011 season she hit at a .470 clip with 28 runs, six homers and 21 RBI.
Majoring in English and creative writing at ASU. She is the daughter of Brent and Valarie Kemp and has two sisters, Brooklyn and Victoria, who played for the University of Arizona softball team. Her full name is Bethany Lynn Kemp. She is a huge Los Angeles Dodgers fan. Hobbies include, writing, shopping and pranking.
Pac-12 Second-Team All Conference | May 13th
All-West Region Third Team
ASU Most Valuable Player | May 10th
ASU Clutch Performer of the Year | May 10th
Pac-12 All Conference Honorable Mention | May 15