|Position:||Director of Operations|
Jenna Makis joined the softball staff as Director of Operations in the fall of 2015. She manages the day-to-day business responsibilities of the program. Makis also helps with the tournament organization for the Kajikawa Classic, Littlewood Classic, Diamond Devil Invitational and Louisville Slugger tournaments and also helps oversee the operation of Sun Devil softball camps and works as liaison to the Diamond Devil Booster Club in helping coordinate their valuable fundraising efforts.
Jenna was a member of the Sun Devil softball team from 2012-15 as a pitcher and continues to mentor ASU student-athletes to help develop business and career skills for post-graduate life.
Before joining the Sun Devil softball program staff, Jenna was an Inside Sales Consultant for the Arizona Diamondbacks. She worked to build relationships with fans to assist them in finding their natural fit with the Diamondbacks through ticket packages, group events and suite rentals.
Jenna earned her B.S. in Marketing with a certificate in Sports Business at ASU. During her time as a student-athlete, Jenna was awarded 2015 Most Inspirational and 2015 Scholar Athlete. Jenna also graduated Summa Cum Laude from Barrett, the Honors College at ASU, making her the first Sun Devil softball player to do so.
While working towards her undergraduate degree, Jenna completed many internships including working with the Arizona Sports and Entertainment Commission, Frito Lay, the Arizona Public Service (APS), and also ASU Athletics. She was also involved in the 2015 Super Bowl XLIX Economic Impact Study where she collected data to measure and evaluate the financial impact of Super Bowl XLIX in Arizona.
Redshirt Junior (2015):
- Pitched a scoreless inning in relief while striking out two on Feb. 21st against Indiana State.
- Picked up her first win of the season on Feb. 28 against Binghamton, allowing two earned runs in three innings of work.
- Appeared in three games over the two day stretch against New Mexico State and UTEP on April 6-7. Pitched 4.1 innings combined in those games, allowing three runs on three hits.
- Was voted Most Inspirational and Scholar-Athlete of the Year award by her teammate on May 10, 2015 at the ASU end of season banquet.
Redshirt Sophomore (2014):
- Pitched two scoreless innings in relief on March 3 against Detroit.
Redshirt Freshman (2013):
- Made her first career appearance on the rubber against Portland State, throwing 2.0 innings and one strikeout in the 19-2 mercy rule win.
- Through non-conference play, she's pitched 5.0 innings in four appearances including one combined shutout against East Carolina on March 2.
- Product of Pinnacle High School where she lettered four years for coaches Ben Frank and Sara Pinchoff.
- She holds the PHS record for most strikeouts in a single season and career strikeouts, as well as most shutouts in a career.
- Makis was an AIA Scholar-Athlete State Finalist in 2011 and graduated as a co-valedictorian with her twin brother Jordan.
Jenna Cathleen Makis is the daughter of Ron and Marleen Makis. She has two brothers, Jordan and Ryan. Ryan played baseball at Princeton University from 2008-12. Jenna graduated with a major in marketing and plans to enter the sports marketing field. In the Barrett Honors College and was co-valedictorian along with her twin brother Jordan. Hobbies include shopping, baking, and hanging out with friends and family.