|Hometown:||Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.|
|High School:||Rancho Cucamonga|
Click Here for Katee Aguirre's Career Stats
Will look to split the catching duties with Sashel Palacios in her senior campaign.
In 2016, she will try build off a strong defensive campaign in 2015 where she had a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage and threw out two runners.
- A career sub-.300 hitter entering the year, is batting .313 while coming to the plate over twice as much than last year.
- Has 17 RBI this season, surpassing her career single season high from a year ago.
- Has matched her career high with four home runs this season with fours home runs this season.
- Had a 10 game hit streak earlier in the season, which is tied second on the team.
- Went 3-for-8 with an RBI and a hit in each game againt Cal.
- Went 5-for-10 with two home runs and four RBI at the Diamond Devil Invitational.
- Set career high with five RBI against Memphis (2/19) and logged all five in the first inning of the game.
- Went 4-for-12 (.333) with three runs and three doubles at the Littlewood Classic.
- Had solid opening weekend, batting .353 in seven games at the Kajikawa Classic.
- Hit first home run of the season against San Diego (2/14) and added a double
- Had a direct role in two walk-off victories that she will not get credit for, hitting into a walk-off error against San Jose State (2/11) to plate the winning runner and took a passed ball on an intentional walk in extra innings against No. 8 Tennessee (2/12) that brought across the winning run in a 5-4 victory.
Appeared in 19 games and started nine for the Sun Devils.
Finished with a career best 13 RBI on the seasons and struck out just four times in 40 at bats.
- Hit four runs on the season after hitting just three in her first two seasons at Arizona State.
- Three of her four hits in the Kajikawa Classic were home runs. She tallied eight total RBIs in the tournament.
Had the mercy-rule clinching base hit against Indiana to win 10-2 in six innings, one of her four RBI in the game.
- Had a pinch hit three-run home run against San Jose State on March 7 to help the come-from-behind victory.
- Went 2-for-2 with a run batted in against Oregon State on April 18.
- Hit her first career triple against Southern Mississippi on April 27
- Hit a home run in back-to-back games against Idaho State on Feb. 22 and Drake on Feb. 23.
- Hit a grand slam on Feb. 16 against Illinois Chicago (UIC)
- Helped to combine for two grand slams in the same inning, a feat that the Sun Devils recorded also against Stanford April 20, 2012
- In her first collegiate at-bat, hit a double against Boise State, Feb. 10, her third career at-bat was the grand slams
- Finished the season with three runs scored, four hits and five RBI and no strikeouts in 11 at-bats
- A three-year starter at Rancho Cucamonga High School under coach Mike Lindensmith, Aguirre was voted Rookie of the Year, Best Offensive Player and Most Valuable Player in 2009.
- She continued her freshman campaign with Offensive Player of the Year and First Team All-Baseline League accolades - both of which she also achieved during her junior season. As a senior she was named Second Team All-Baseline League and was the team captain her last two seasons at RCHS.
- Aguirre played travel ball for the California Cruisers based out of Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., for coach Lyn Christensen. With the Cruisers, she helped the team to a first-place finish at the Louisville Firecracker Tournament in 2011, a third-place finish at the 16U ASA Nationals in 2010 and a runner-up finish in 2009.
A communications major minoring in media analysis, Aguirre looks to become a Sports Broadcaster following graduation. Aguirre is the daughter of Charlie and Tess Aguirre. She has four sisters, Danielle, Madisen and twins Sarah and Hannah. Her full name is Kaitlyn Briane Aguirre. Her favorite hobby is dancing, her favorite food is candy. Aguirre has 3 dogs, Tyson, Brady and Sargent and she loves spending time with her new stray cat, Fetty.