|Hometown:||Sioux City, Iowa|
|High School:||East HS|
- A three-time cross country All-American
- ASU's second-ever Pac-12 Cross Country Champion, and ASU's second-ever NCAA West Regional Champion, both in 2014
- Recorded a personal best time of 19:52 in the 6k (2013).
- Earned second-team All-Conference honors (2012).
- Top ASU finisher at the Pac-12 Championships, placing eighth and recording a time of 20:15.00 (2012).
- Was the top finisher at the 2012 NCAA West Regionals, placing 12th overall with a time of 20:36.00 to earn All-Region honors.
Arizona State 2014:
- Earned Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention honors
- Defended her title at the Roy Griak Invite (Sept. 27) with a finish at 20:34.5
- Placed third at the Wisconsin Invite (Oct. 17) with a finish at 19:41
- Became ASU's second-ever Pac-12 Cross Country Champion, the only finisher under 20-minutes at 19:59 (Oct. 31)
- Won the NCAA West Regional on Nov. 14 with a time of 19:31.6
Arizona State 2013:
- Finished fourth at the Pac-12 Championships in the 6k with a time of 21:19.
- Recorded a personal best time of 19:52 in the 6k at the Wisconsin Invitational.
Arizona State 2012:
- Paced the team throughout the year despite just being a freshman.
- Was the top finisher at the NCAA West Regionals, placing 12th overall with a time of 20:36.00 to earn All-Region honors.
- Was also the top ASU finisher at the Pac-12 Championships, placing eighth and recording a time of 20:15.00 to be the top freshman in the field and earn second-team All-Conference honors.
Arizona State 2011:
- Placed eighth at the Pac-12 Championships in the 6k with a time of 20:15.
- A 2011 graduate of East High School (Sioux City, Iowa); lettered four times each in cross country and track & field; captured four state titles a senior, opening with the 2010 cross country championship (the first athlete from the Sioux City Metro area to ever win the race).
- On the outdoor track, added state crowns in the 400m dash, 800m run and 1,500m run... ranked among the Top 20 nationally as a senior in four events, including the Top 10 in two events; ranked No. 4 in the mile (4:43.64), No. 9 in the 800m run (2:07.35) and No. 12 in the 1,500m (4:26.39); clocked a time of 9:56.71 in the 3,000m run to post the No. 19 time in the U.S.
- Finished fifth at the USA Junior Championships in the 1,500m run; won eight Drake Relays crowns, including three in the 800m, two in the 1,500m, one in the 3,000m and one each in the 4x400m and 4x800m relays.
- Named the Drake Relays Outstanding Female High School Performer after becoming the first high school female athlete to win three individual events in one year.
- Holds three state records in individual events and two more in relays; holds the mark in the 800m (2:07.35), 1,500m (4:26.39) and Mile (4:43.64) and as a member of the 4x400m (3:48.39) and Distance Medley (4:00.39/200m-200m-400m-800m) relays.
- Twice named National Scholastic Sports Foundation All-American; named the 2010-11 Gatorade Iowa Girls Track & Field Athlete of the Year, also was the 2010 Gatorade/ESPN Rise Iowa Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year; 2011 Sioux City Journal Metro Female Athlete of the Year.
Personal: Major is exploratory... parents are Robert and Connie Houlihan... has six siblings: brother Rob Houlihan and sisters Kelly Leonard, Ryann Johnson, Shayla Houlihan, Chloe Houlihan and Callie Houlihan... born February 8... hobbies include running, playing video games and watching TV... full name is Shelby Christine Prince Houlihan.
Bests • 800: 2:03.85 • 1500: 4:26.39 • Mile: 4:39.56