|Hometown:||Long Beach, Calif.|
- One of the more experienced starters on defense
- Tenacious and aggressive linebacker.
- Regarded as a very talented sideline-to-sideline linebacker that is also effective in coverage.
- Currently ninth nationally in solo tackles per game (6.4) and also fourth nationally in tackles per loss per game (1.8), leading the conference in the latter
REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2015):
- Was third on the team with eight tackles against Texas A&M (9/5) with a tackle for loss
- Was the defensive standout against USC (9/26), logging a career best four tackles for loss and eight total tackles to lead the team.
- Had his second consecutive game with double-digit tackles against UNM (9/18), finishing with 10
- One of five players with double-digit tackles against Cal Poly (9/12), finishing with 10 and a tackle for loss.
- Paced the team in tackles against against UCLA (10/3), finishing with eight - all solo - with one tackle for loss and a pass breakup.
- Had two tackles for loss on six solo tackles against Colorado (10/10)
- Had his third-straight game with at least two tackles for loss, finishing with 2.5 against Oregon (10/29)
- REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2014):
- Ranked fourth on the team with 83 tackles and ranked second on the team in tackles for a loss with eleven.
- Named to the Phil Steele All Pac-12 Third Team
- All Pac-12 Honorable Mention
- Ron Pritchard Outstanding Linebacker Award
- Led the team with seven tackles and a TFL against Weber State (8/28)
- Matched a career high with nine tackles against USC (10/4) - his highest tally this season
- Had five tackles and a tackle for loss against Stanford (10/18)
- Had six tackles - 1.5 coming for loss - against Washington (10/25)
- Had a tackle for loss and eight total tackles against Utah (11/1)
- Had a career-high three tackles for loss in the victory over Notre Dame (11/8)
- Had his first career interception against Washington State and added five tackles (11/22)
- Had a season high 12 tackles in the Sun Bowl against Duke (12/27)
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2013):
- Earned College Football News Honorable Mention Freshman All-America.
- Played in all 14 games, earning starts in 10 of those, including getting six consecutive starts to finish the season.
- Started his first game against USC (9/28).
- FInished with 71 total tackles and 5.5 tackles for loss.
- Sacked opposing quarterbacks three times for a loss of 26 total yards showing his ability to attack the quarterback.
- Had a career-high nine tackles in the final game of the season against Texas Tech (12/29) in the Holiday Bowl.
- Had the first two sacks of his career against Washington (10/19) on Homecoming.
- Led the team in tackles in his first career collegiate game 'against Sacramento State (9/5).
- Redshirted on the season.
- Earned California All-State Division I honors by MaxPreps.
- Rated by Rivals.com as the nation's No. 26 linebacker prospect and the No. 63 overall recruit in the state of California, listed by ESPN as a four-star prospect and the nation's No. 32 outside linebacker recruit, regarded by Scout.com as the country's No. 33 outside linebacker recruit.
- Totaled a team-high 127 tackles (67 solo) as a senior in 2011, added 4.5 sacks, one interception and one fumble recovery; had seven games with double-digit tackles.
- Chose ASU over reported FBS offers from Arizona, Nebraska, Colorado and UCLA; was also recruited by California, USC and Washington.
- Coached by Raul Lara at Poly High School.