- Named a preseason candidate for the Maxwell Award (America's College Player of the Year)
- Moved to receiver full-time in 2015 after spending first three seasons at running back
- An all-around player who does many things at high level and is capable of playing within a variety of schemes
- Holds the nation's longest streak of games with a reception at 40 -- every game he has played as a Sun Devil
- Returns for his senior season as only active Football Bowl Subdivision student-athlete to account for more than 2,000 career rushing yards and 1,500 career receiving yards
- Is sixth among active players in the FBS in career all-purpose yards with 4,629
- Is one of just five players in NCAA Division I history to rush AND receive for over 2,000 yards in their career
- Leads all active FBS players with a reception in 49 consecutive games, good for both the ASU and Pac-12 record.
- Currently ninth among active FBS players with 208 career receptions, also good for second all-time at ASU
- Had a team-high six receptions against Texas A&M (9/5) for 48 yards.
- Led all players with 134 yards from scrimmage against Cal Poly (9/12) (76 rushing, 58 receiving).
- Led all Sun Devils with six receptions for 67 yards against USC (9/26).
- Had four catches for 57 yards and a touchdown against UCLA (10/3).
- Had six catches for 87 yards against Oregon (10/29), adding another 29 yards on the ground
- Led ASU’s receivers with seven catches for 77 yards against Washington State (11/7)
- Led the Sun Devils with 1,081 rushing yards and nine touchdowns
- Finished second on the team in recieving with 62 catches, 688 yards and three touchdowns
- Was the only player in the nation with over 1,000 rushing yards and over 600 receiving yards.
- Caught a pass in every game this season, streak is now at 40 games.
- Was named to the second-team All-Pac-12.
- Had a three- touchdown performance against Weber State (8/28), where he compiled a then career-high 147 yards on the ground
- Had the best came of his career against UNM (9/6), becoming the first Sun Devil to rush for over 200 yards since 2001 as he put up a career high 216 rushing yards and a touchdown to go with 54 receiving yards.
- Accounted for over 200 yards of total offense against Colorado (9/13), finishing with 147 rushing yards and 59 receiving yards with a score via both methods
- Posted his sixth career 100-yard rushing game with 120 yards on 15 rushes against Notre Dame (11/8)
- Led the team with 116 yards of total offense agasint Oregon State (11/15) with 51 rushing yards and 65 recieving yards in the game with one recieving touchdown
- Matched his career high with three rushing touchdowns against Washington State (11/22), finishing with 15 rushes for 96 yards and five catches for 59 yards
- Limited to 34 yards on 13 carries against Arizona but excelled in receiving with seven catches for 60 yards.
- Led team in rushing against Duke in the Sun Bowl with 79 yards on 11 carries (12/27)
- Honorable Mention All-Pac-12.
- Led the nation in receiving yards by a running back and was second overall on the team (653).
- Second on the team in all-purpose yardage (1,170 yards)
- Ranked second on the team in receptions (63)
- Scored 10 combined touchdowns, six rushing and four receiving.
- One of five FBS players who surpassed 400 yards on the ground and in the air in 2012 to return and once again accomplish the feat in 2013.
- Combined with Marion Grice to represent 40.4 percent of ASU’s 6,402 yards from scrimmage and 46.9 percent of the team’s offensive touchdowns.
- Scored in five consecutive games following his one-touchdown performance against Texas Tech (12/29) where he finished with a career-high 132 yards.
- Had ASU’s only touchdowns (one rush, one receiving) against Stanford in the Pac-12 Championship (12/7).
- Had a career game against Arizona on the ground (11/30) with career highs in carries (23), yards (124) and touchdowns (2).
- Led the team with seven receptions for 77 yards with two touchdowns against Washington State (10/31), the first multi-touchdown game of his career.
- Had a career-high nine receptions against Notre Dame (10/5).
- Had a career high eight grabs for 80 yards in the team’s loss to Stanford (9/21).
- Earned Freshman All-America honors from Fox Sports NEXT.
- Had his first 100 yard game against UCLA, with seven catches for 107 yards while also leading the team in rushing with 61 yards on 13 carries.
- Led team in combine rushing/receiving yards against Oregon (10/18) with 91 yards (41 rushing, 50 receiving) and posting his third career touchdown reception in the process.
- Led the team in all-purpose yardage against Colorado (10/14), posting nine rushes for 61 yards and six catches for 71 yards, including a spectacular diving catch on a 34-yard bomb in the second quarter.
- Helped the team find its offensive mojo against Missouri (9/15), grabbing his first career receiving touchdown on a 33-yard catch-and-run late in the first half.
- Finished second on the team in all-purpose yardage with 1,026 yards (493 on the ground and 533 receiving).
- His 37 receptions are the second-most receptions by a freshman in a season in school history (Zach Miller holds the record with 56 in 2004) while his 533 receiving yards are the second-most by a freshman in school history (Miller with 552 in 2004).
- Became one of just six true freshmen to ever start in their first opportunity, doing so against NAU (8/30).
- Had eight rushes for 67 yards and a touchdown in his debut while adding four catches for 32 yards.
- Played in all 13 games as a freshman, making one start.
- One of the most illustrious offensive performers in Arizona high school football history as well as one of the nation's most well-rounded all-purpose athletes and is the total package in terms of his ability as a runner and a receiver.
- During senior season effort stands among the most outstanding individual campaigns of any performer in state history, set an Arizona state single-season record with 60 total touchdowns as a senior. Also set state marks for rushing yards in a game, touchdowns in a game, touchdowns in a career, points in a career and points in a season.
- Sensational change of direction and cutback skills, accelerates seamlessly and has spectacular burst. He can run with equal potency whether toward the sidelines or through the tackles. Is the most highly-acclaimed offensive prospect from the state of Arizona to sign with ASU since wide receiver Gerell Robinson in 2008.
- Highly qualified receiver out of the backfield and was a standout defensive back in high school.
- Chosen by the Arizona Republic as the Big Schools Player of the Year in 2011, also was named the 2011 Tribune Football Player of the Year by the East Valley Tribune. Earned All-Arizona honors at running back as a senior in 2011 and as a defensive back as a junior in 2010.
- Regarded as a five-star prospect by Max Preps, rated the top prospect in the state of Arizona, the No. 2 all-purpose athlete in the country and the nation's No. 43 overall recruit by SuperPrep, tabbed as the nation's No. 4 all-purpose athlete and the No. 57 overall recruit by PrepStar, ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 5 all-purpose athlete in the nation, the No. 71 overall prospect in the country and the No. 2 recruit in the state of Arizona, listed by Scout.com as the No. 12 running back in the country and the nation's No. 104 overall prospect, rated by ESPN as the No. 21 running back prospect in the nation, the No. 33 overall player in the region and the No. 4 overall prospect in the state of Arizona.
- Rushed for over 5,000 yards during his high school career.
- Recorded 234 carries for 3,058 yards (13.1 avg.) with 54 rushing touchdowns as a senior in 2011, while adding 13 receptions for 250 yards (19.2 avg.) with five touchdowns. On defense, recorded 24 tackles on defense with two pass deflections, one interception and one fumble recovery.
- Lead Saguaro to the Arizona Division III State Championship.
- Rushed for at least 125 yards in every game he played as a senior with eight contests over 200 rushing yards. Scored at least one rushing touchdown in every game he played and had four or more rushing scores in eight games.
- Had a performance against Sunrise Mountain on Nov. 4 that earned him national acclaim in Sports Illustrated magazine after he totaled 508 rushing yards on 20 carries with 10 rushing touchdowns, setting state records for single-game rushing yardage and rushing touchdowns.
- Rushed for 1,421 yards with 22 touchdowns, caught 43 passes for 740 yards and four touchdowns and also posted 60 tackles and seven interceptions as a junior on Saguaro's 4A-I State Champion squad in 2010, earned Second-Team All-Region honors as a sophomore in 2009 after rushing for 545 yards and 10 touchdowns while also adding 457 receiving yards, was an All-Region defensive back as well after tallying 31 tackles and one interception.
- Chose ASU over reported FBS offers from schools including Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, California, Colorado, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, Stanford, UCLA, USC and Washington.