CLICK HERE for Hood's Career Statistics
- One of the few returning players with experience on defense.
- Plays with a motor and is quick off the line of scrimmage.
- An urgent player who has versatility to play along the line.
- Good to work and find the ball when engaged and can bull rush when rushing the pass.
- Has made an enormous impact on a defense which forced 63 turnovers over his first two seasons, second among all FBS schools behind only Houston (74).
- This includes forcing turnovers in 29 straight games, the second highest active streak in the nation behind only Missouri.
- The defense has forced a turnover in every game he has played in over a two-year span.
- A member of a fierce defensive line which allowed the defense to account for 101 total tackles for loss, which comes out to 7.2 per game and 20th nationally.
- Had an impressive game against Wisconsin (9/14), logging four tackles (half for loss) and setting a career high with two pass breakups.
- Had two tackles and one for loss in the team’s opener against Sacramento State (9/5).
- Earned Freshman All-American honors.
- Posted a career-high five tackles against Oregon State (11/3) and recorded his second career sack.
- Had four tackles against Cal (9/29).
- Had his first career sack against Mizzou (9/15) for three yards.
- Became one of just six true freshmen in school history to start in their first-ever opportunity, doing so against NAU.
- Finished the game with 1.5 tackles and 1.0 for loss.
- Made 12 career starts as a true freshman.
- Earned an honorable mention for the 2012 All-Pac-12 team as a defensive lineman.
- Earned the 2011 Curley Culp Award, presented to the top high school defensive lineman in the state of Arizona by the National Football Foundation Valley of the Sun Chapter and named after the legendary Sun Devil lineman.
- Earned All-Arizona honors as a senior by the Arizona Republic.
- Joins several Hamilton products to sign at ASU including current Sun Devil Anthony Jones and former ASU stars Gerald Munns, Colin Parker, Gerell Robinson and NFL All-Pro and college football's single-season quarterback sacks record holder Terrell Suggs.
- Is the son of former Arizona Cardinals star defensive lineman Eric Swann.
- Rated by Scout.com as the No. 100 defensive tackle prospect in the country.
- Totaled 100 tackles, 32 quarterback hurries, 23 tackles-for-loss, 13.0 sacks, two forced fumbles and one blocked field goal as a senior on Hamilton's state runner-up team.
- Earned Second-Team All-Region honors as a junior after collecting 38 tackles with 5.5 sacks on Hamilton's state champion squad.
- "The campus [at ASU] has beautiful buildings like the library and great facilities like the [Verde Dickey Center]," said Hood. "I really like the weight room and the strength and conditioning plan they have there.".
- Chose ASU over reported FBS offers from Air Force, Arizona, Boston College, Fresno State, Tulane and Washington State.
- "I am very impressed with the [coaching] staff," said Hood. "I like the new standards coach Graham is bringing in and how he views life. Coach Graham wants to take ASU to the Rose Bowl and that has me fired up.".
- Committed to ASU on Feb. 1, 2012, National Letter of Intent Signing Day.
- Coached by Steve Belles at Hamilton High School.