CLICK HERE for Kelly's Career Statistics
Graduated in May of 2014 with a degree in Educational Studies
Redshirt Senior (2014):
Named a preseason candidate for the Manning Award, Walter Camp Player of the Year, O’Brien Award (nation’s most outstanding quarterback), Maxwell Award (America's College Player of the Year), and the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team® (charitable involvement and community service contributions) Watch Lists.
Pac-12 Football Scholar-Athlete of the Year, Pac-12 All-Academic First Team, NFF National Scholar-Athlete, William V. Campbell Trophy finalist, Wuerffel Trophy finalist, Senior CLASS Award finalist, Capital One Academic All-District VIII Team.
Made 37 career starts.
Is the all-time leader at Arizona State for total offensive yards over a career with 10,223
Ranks third all-time in total touchdown passes by a Sun Devil quarterback with 79, and is fourth in total passing yards with 8,819.
Passed Mark Malone this season to grab the top spot in net rushing yards by a quarterback at Arizona State with 1,404. Also ranks first in completion percentage over the span of a career, completing 63.3% of his passes.
Threw a touchdown in all but four games in his career as a starter.
One of seven Sun Devil quarterbacks to pass for more than 6,000 yards in their career.
Has led ASU to three 60-point performances in two years after the school went 86 games without scoring 60 from 2005-2011.
Was actually a terrific punter as well when called upon to do so, punting this season nine times, seven of which pinned the other team inside the 20-yard line.
- Went 18-for-27 for 238 yards and touchdown against Weber State (8/28)
- Was 11-of-20 for 192 yards and two touchdowns with no picks against UNM (9/6)
- Had three touchdown passes and a career-long 50-yard touchdown rush against Colorado (9/13)
- After missing a month of action, returned on the road in blustery conditions to throw for two touchdowns in the win against Washington (10/25)
- Threw for a touchdown and 205 yards in an overtime victory over Utah (11/1)
- Had three touchdown passes on 17-of-28 passing with an inteception in the team’s victory over Notre Dame (11/8)
- Had two touchdowns on 22-of-44 passing for 264 yards against Oregon State (11/15) but also had two interceptions
Redshirt Junior (2013):
- Threw for 28 touchdowns, ranking third in ASU single-season history, improving his two-year total to 57, the most for any Sun Devil quarterback over a two-year span en route to making Second Team All-Pac-12 and winning the Danny White Offensive MVP.
- Named to Phil Steele Third Team All-Pac-12.
- Frank Kush Captains Award winner.
- Threw for 3,635 yards, the third most in a single season in school history, and averaged 259.6 yards per game, both ranked in the top five in school history.
- Became just the second quarterback to have thrown for over 3,000 yards in consecutive seasons in school history.
- Set the school record for completion percentage (67.1 percent, 241-359), ousting Brock Osweiler’s 61.8 percent from 2011 (minimum 300 pass attempts).
- Moved into the top five in seven single season school record lists including: passing yards, passing yards per game, completions, attempts, total offense, yards per game and points responsible for.
- Finished the season ranked 13th nationally in points responsible for with 222, breaking the previous school record of 198 previously set by Mike Pagel in 1981.
- Led ASU to eclipsing 50 points six times, breaking the school record held by the 1973 team.
- Had four-straight 50+ games, all against Pac-12 opponents, notable because prior to this season, the Sun Devils had only ever scored 40+ points against Pac-12 opponents one time, coming in 1996.
- Quarterbacked the team to 39.7 points per game, ranked 10th nationally, and scored 556 total points, just six behind the 1972 record.
- Was almost unstoppable in the red zone, scoring points on 91.3 percent of red zone trips against FBS opponents, good enough for sixth nationally.
- Sacks aside, had 826 rushing yards on 134 attempts (6.2 ypc).
- Scored nine rushing touchdowns and ran for 599 yards over the season’s last nine games, while only rushing for one total touchdown in 18 games prior.
- Threw for five touchdown passes against Washington State (10/31) and added two more on the ground on his way to earning Pac-12 Player of the Week honors.
- Had the best rushing game of his career against Texas Tech (12/29) with 25 rushes for 135 yards and touchdown.
- Accounted for all three touchdowns against Utah (two rushing, one passing), including the game-winning toss to Rick Smith with under three minutes left.
- Had the third game of his career with five touchdown passes against Washington State (10/31), adding two more on the ground.
- Had his fifth consecutive game with a touchdown pass against No. 20 Washington (10/19).
an impressive 25.9 yards per pass while racking up 233 yards in the first half against Colorado (10/12) on just nine completions.
- Threw for 362 yards on 33-of-47 passing with three touchdowns and two interceptions against Notre Dame (10/5).
- Had another career game against Stanford (9/21) with career highs in completions (30), attempts (55) and yards (367) in a losing effort.
- Became just the fourth quarterback in ASU history to have seven or more games with 300+ passing yards and now is now third all-time with eight such games.
- Set then-career records with 29 pass completions and 352 yards in teams victory over Wisconsin (9/14).
- Was an incredible 23-of-31 with five touchdowns, no interceptions and 300 yards in the opener against Sacramento State (9/5), despite playing just a half and a series.
Redshirt Sophomore (2012):
- Had a touchdown pass in all but one game this season (12 games).
- Set the Arizona State school record for most consecutive completions in a single game with 18 against WSU (11/17), finishing 20-of-23 for 246 yards and four touchdowns.
- Finished second in the Pac-12 in passing efficiency at 159.88 and is ninth in the nation in that category, shattering the previous school record for QBs with over 300 passes in the category, which was previously 145.09 by Rudy Carpenter in 2007.
- Also set the school record for completion percentage (67.1 percent, 241-359)...The previous record was 61.8 percent set last season by Brock Osweiler (minimum 300 pass attempts).
- With 29 touchdown passes on the season, Kelly ranks second in ASU single-season history and was just one shy of the school record set by Andrew Walter in 2004.
- Kelly threw just nine interceptions this season and the .0251 interception percentage ranks second in school history among QBs throwing over 300 passes, behind only the .0238 percentage set by Andrew Walter in 2003 (10 of 421).
- Was 17-of-19 for 267 yards and four touchdowns in the team's 62-28 victory over Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
- Threw for a career-high five touchdowns against Colorado (10/11) to put himself in a tie for third on ASU's all-time single game passing touchdown list with Andrew Walter (3x) and Jeff Krohn.
- Led ASU on a game clinching drive against Cal (9/29), throwing for three touchdowns in the game.
- Had a career best game against Utah (9/23), going 19-26 for 326 yards and three touchdowns - all numbers career highs.
- Went 18-for-23 for 249 yards and a touchdown against Illinois (9/8).
- Made his first career start against NAU (8/30) and put together an impressive stat line, going 15/19 for 247 yards and a touchdown in the team's victory while also rushing six times for 51 yards.
Redshirt Freshman (2011):
- Spent season in a backup roll.
- Saw first game action in opening day win vs UC Davis.
- Was a perfect 4 of 4 with 24 yards rushing in homecoming win vs Colorado.
- Did not see game action, spending the season as part of the Sun Devil scout team.
- A 2010 graduate of Eagle High School in Eagle, Idaho.
- Regarded as the top senior football player in the state of Idaho by Scout.com.
- The only player from Idaho to sign an FBS letter of intent to attend a BCS conference university this year.
- Listed as the top quarterback and No. 2 overall recruit in the state of Idaho by Rivals.com.
- Rated the No. 84 quarterback prospect in the country by Scout.com.
- Ranked as the top quarterback and the No. 4 overall prospect in Rocky Mountain States Postseason Top-10 by Rivals.com.
- Led Eagle High School to an 11-1 record in 2009 and the Class 5A State championship.
- Completed 182-0f-265 passes (68.7-percent) for 2,509 yards and 22 touchdowns in addition to 1,005 rushing yards on 156 carries (6.1 avg.) with 10 scores.
- Threw for over 200 yards four times and rushed for over 100 yards in four games.
- Passed for 161 yards and a touchdown and had 103 yards and two scores in the state championship game.
- Completed 119-of-192 passes (62.0-percent) for 1,800 yards and 18 touchdowns as a junior in 2008 despite missing time due to an injury.
- Also carried 77 times for 423 yards (5.5 avg.) with five touchdowns that year.
- Verbally committed to the Sun Devils on Jan. 16, 2010.
- Coached by Paul Peterson at Eagle High School.
Personal: A Business major...Volunteers with youth football programs...