- Provides a huge body on the defensive line and possesses the ability to be a force at the line of scrimmage as a result
- Extremely athletic for his size with tremendous strength
- An excellent run-stuffing tackle on defense
REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2014):
- Played in 12 games this season
- Finished with eight tackles
- Had three tackles against Oregon State (11/15)
- Played in 11 games on the season.
- Provided excellent run defense while on the field.
- Recorded two tackles on the year.
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2012):
- Saw action in 12 out of the 13 games on the season, only missing the game at Missouri (9/15).
- Spent season on scout team, redshirted.
- Played in the 2010 Under Armour All-American Game.
- Regarded as a PrepStar All-American following his senior season.
- Bench presses 405 pounds and squats 495.
- Earned First-Team All-5A honors from the Arizona Republic following his senior season.
- Rated by Rivals.com as a four-star prospect and a member of the Rivals 250 list as one of the nation's elite football recruits; Evaluated by Rivals.com as an offensive lineman and was rated the No. 2 center prospect in the nation and the No. 248 overall recruit in the country; Also listed as the No. 8 overall recruit in the state of Arizona by Rivals.com; Rated as the No. 10 overall prospect in the state of Arizona by SuperPrep.
- Earned All-5A II honors by 24-7football.com as a senior.
- Collected 50 tackles (26 solo) as a senior in 2010.
- Added 3.0 sacks, three interceptions, one fumble recovery and one safety.
- Chose ASU over Missouri and Oregon...Also earned offers from Colorado State, Hawaii, New Mexico State and Utah.
- Was coached by Preston Jones at Perry High.