|Hometown:||Fountain Valley, Calif.|
|High School:||Fountain Valley|
CLICK HERE for Middlebrooks' Career Statistics
A quick, speedy threat with the ability to play either running back or wide receiver.
One of the fastest student-athletes out of the state of California.
Had amazing breakaway speed.
Very tough to tackle when he gained separation.
Had the ability to go the distance any time he had the ball.
Competed for carries and snaps in a very deep running back group.
- BIS Interdisciplinary Studies (Business/Communication)
Was the team’s primary kick returner for the majority of the season
Finished the year with 311 kickoff return yards, with a long of 47 coming against USC.
Returned eight total punts for 49 yards
- Had an 8 yard punt return against Utah (11/1)
Redshirt Senior (2013):
- Redshirted the season.
- Converted from running back to wide receiver under new head coach Todd Graham.
- Played in 11 games.
- Had one reception on the year for six yards against Utah (9/22) and one kickoff return for 10 yards against USC (11/10).
- Provided a great change of pace throughout the year as he saw action in every game.
- Started in Pac-12 wins vs #23 USC and Oregon.
- Saw season high in carries (10) and yards (62).
- Finished in top five all-purpose yards for the season.
- Finished second in kick returns with almost 400 yards and a long return of 36 yards in Las Vegas Bowl vs #6 Boise State.
- Saw action in 11 games this season.
- Got first start at home vs #6 Stanford Nov. 13.
- Had career game in 42-0 win vs Washington State where he had four catches for 49 yards with a long of 22 yards.
- Had two catches for seven yards in win over rival Arizona Dec. 2.
- Also led the team in kick return number (16) and yards (423).
- Gave the #11 Wisconsin Badgers a scare before half time by returning the kick off a career long 95-yards before being tackled at the one-yard line, putting an end to the first half.
- A 2010 graduate of Fountain Valley High School in Fountain Valley, Calif.
- Rated by Rivals.com as the No. 19 all-purpose back in the nation, ranked as the No. 133 overall prospect in the Farwest region in the preseason by SuperPrep, listed as the No. 105 running back prospect in the country by Scout.com.
- Totaled 3,063 rushing yards on 362 carries (8.5 avg.) with 42 touchdowns as well as 41 receptions for 556 yards (13.6 avg.) with five touchdowns during his three-year varsity career and led Fountain Valley in rushing all three seasons.
- Rushed for 1,347 yards on 157 carries (8.6 avg.) with 20 touchdowns as a senior and also caught 22 passes for 316 yards (14.4 avg.) with four touchdowns including a season-high 271 rushing yards on 27 carries with four touchdowns against San Diego Scripps Ranch on Oct. 2, 2009.
- Carried 149 yards for 1,276 yards (8.6 avg.) with 15 touchdowns as a junior in 2008 and added 12 receptions for 173 yards (14.4 avg.) with one score while leading Fountain Valley with 16 total touchdowns.
- Totaled 252 rushing yards on 19 carries with three touchdowns against Garden Grove Pacifica High School on Sept. 19, 2008.
- Finished fourth in the state of California running a 10.5 100-meter dash.
- Verbally committed to the Sun Devils on Jan. 23, 2010.
- Coached by John Shipp at Fountain Valley High School.
Personal: Exploratory major.