Karin Volpe Photo Gallery
- Enters the 2010 season tied for third on ASU's career list for game winning goals (9), eighth in career goals (19) and eighth in career points (46).
- Led ASU in goals, points, game winning goals and shots in each of her first two seasons.
- Finished the season second in goals (5), assists (4) and points (14).
- Earned Pac-10 All-Academic honorable mention honors.
- Earned Pac-10 Player of the Week honors after scoring the game-tying goal (with 14 seconds left) and the game-winning goal in overtime of ASU's 3-2 win at Tennessee (Aug. 28).
- Had a breakout performance in ASU's 4-0 win over Northern Arizona (Sept. 27) as she scored two goals and assisted on two others. The two goals tied her single-game career best, which she has accomplished three other times, while the six points in a single game were a career best and represent the second-highest single-game point total in program history.
- Scored the only goal of the game in ASu's 1-0 overtime win vs. Oregon State (Nov. 6).
- Earned Pac-10 honorable mention honors after leading the Sun Devils in points (20), goals (9), game winning goals (3) and shots (45) in addition to contributing two assists.
- Was also named to the Pac-10's All-Academic Second Team.
- Tied her single-game career best with two goals in ASU's season opening win at Northern Arizona (Aug. 22).
- Assisted on teammate Carla Scanniello's game winning goal in ASU's 1-0 win at Baylor (Sept. 12).
- Notched her first game winning goal of the season in the 78th minute of ASU's 2-1 win over Cal State Northridge (Sept. 19).
- Broke a scoreless tie with a goal in the 84th minute of ASU's 1-0 win over Long Beach State (Sept. 28).
- Took a pass from teammate Jill Shoquist, shook off a challenge from the goalkeeper and calmly found the back of the net in the 17th minute of ASU's 1-0 win over defending national champion USC (Oct. 19).
- Played in all 20 matches of the season, starting 17.
- Led the team in goals scored (5), game-winning goals (3), points (12), shots (35) and shots on goal (18).
- Volpe's 12 points marked the first time a freshman led ASU in scoring since Elizabeth Bogus in 2002.
- Scored her first collegiate goal at UNLV (Sept. 2)... Recorded her first career assist at SMU (Sept. 14).
- Tied for sixth in ASU history for season game-winning goals and eighth for career-game-winning goals with three.
- A 2007 graduate of Clayton Valley High School (Concord, Calif.).
- Was a two-sport athlete lettering soccer (4x) and track and field (3x).
- Named the Bay Valley Athletic League MVP and Leading Scorer as a senior as her team won the League Championship.
- Netted 79 goals and recorded 23 assists in her four-year career.
- Was a four-time All BVAL, earning first-team honors three times.
- Her club team won the 2007 California North State Cup and was a finalist in the 2007 Far West Regionals.
- Was a scholar athlete all four years at Clayton Valley HS.
- Major is kinesiology.
- Parents are Mark and Geneal Volpe.
- Has two brothers - Nick (24) and Travis (15).
- Father played baseball for St. Mary's College of Calif. in 1980.
- Born in May of 1989 in Berkeley, Calif.
- Hobbies include running and snowboarding and she enjoys spending time with family and friends.
- Full name is Karin Elizabeth Volpe.