June 5, 2013
Attendance Breakdown: 43 home games, four home tournaments: 55,559 total home attendance; 1,292 average home attendance.
- Softball finished the season with a 50-12 overall record and tied for second place in the Pac-12, 16-8, with Washington.
- The team opened the season with a 21-0 consecutive-game win streak, a new program record.
- In total, the team had nine Player of the Week awards, two of those on the national level, three All-Americans, two First Team Academic All-Americans, five Pac-12 All-Conference honorees, the softball NCAA Elite 89 winner in Bailey Wigness and the Pac-12 Player of the Year in Amber Freeman.
- Clint Myers led ASU to its 11th program appearance in the Women's College World Series, seventh under him and third consecutive.
- Myers got his 400th win at the Division I level (all at ASU) against Pittsburgh on March 9. He is the third head coach in program history to reach the 400-win milestone and joins both of the former coaches in that club.
- The Sun Devils ranked in the Top 15 in the NFCA poll the entire season, earned a No. 5 seed in the NCAA Tournament and at the end of the regular season was second in the nation with wins against Top 25 RPI schools with 13.
- ASU fans enjoyed 43 home games and only three home losses. Notable wins this season included against No. 9 Texas in Fullerton, a total of 17 wins against ranked teams and six of eight Pac-12 series' captured.
- As a team, softball hit five grand slams on the year and pitched three no hitters - one by Dallas Escobedo against San Jose State in the NCAA Tempe Regional was the program's first in the postseason.
- ASU went 5-2 in the NCAA Tournament, the program's 25th appearance; 3-0 in the Regional, 2-0 in the Super Regional and 0-2 in the Women's College World Series.
- Senior Sam Parlich finishes her career Top 25 in the ASU record books in homers (27, 12th), RBI (125, 10th) and hits (194, 15th).
Collegiate Player of the Year Top 25 Finalist: Amber Freeman
Collegiate Player of the Year Top 50 Watch List: Dallas Escobedo, Amber Freeman, Alix Johnson
NFCA All-America (3): Amber Freeman (1st), Cheyenne Coyle (2nd), Dallas Escobedo (2nd)
NFCA All-West Region (6): Dallas Escobedo (1st), Amber Freeman (1st), Haley Steele (1st), Cheyenne Coyle (1st), Mackenzie Popescue (2nd), Bailey Wigness (2nd)
Pac-12 Player of the Year: Amber Freeman
Pac-12 All-Conference (4): Cheyenne Coyle (1st), Dallas Escobedo (1st), Amber Freeman (1st), Mackenzie Popescue (2nd), Alix Johnson (HM), Bethany Kemp (HM), Sam Parlich (HM), Haley Steele (HM), Bailey Wigness (HM)
All-Freshman Team (1): Nikki Girard
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
USA Softball National Player of the Week (2): Cheyenne Coyle (April 30), Dallas Escobedo (May 14)
Pac-12 Player of the Week (4): Cheyenne Coyle (April 29, Feb. 12), Sam Parlich (March 19), Alix Johnson (March 5)
Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week (3): Dallas Escobedo (April 15, Feb. 12, May 13)
NCAA Elite 89 Division I Softball Award Winner: Bailey Wigness
Academic All-America (2): Bailey Wigness (1st), Sam Parlich (1st)
Capital One Academic All-District First Team (2): Bailey Wigness (1st), Sam Parlich (1st)
Pac-12 All-Academic (4): Sam Parlich (1st), Bailey Wigness (1st), Elizabeth Caporuscio (2nd), Amber Freeman (2nd)
SOFTBALL IN THE 2013 POSTSEASON (5-2)
W 5-2 vs. San Jose State - Tempe Regional, May 17
W 2-0 vs. Georgia - Tempe Regional, May 18
W 2-0 vs. Georgia - Tempe Regional, May 19
W 5-4 vs. Kentucky - Tempe Super Regional, May 25
W 5-2 vs. Kentucky - Tempe Super Regional, May 26
L 6-3 vs. Texas - WCWS, May 30
L 2-0 vs. Michigan - WCWS, June 1
Appearances: 11, Last 2013
Appearances: 25, Last 2013 - National Champions 2008, 2011
NCAA Tournament: 53-15, 8 appearances
At home in NCAA Tournament: 30-3
WCWS: 14-10, 7 appearances
Clint Myers IN THE POSTSEASON
2011 National Champions (10-0)
2008 National Champions (10-0)