Contact Coach Gillette
Joined the Sun Devils on July 16, 2013
Gillette joined the softball coaching staff for the 2013-14 after three years at UNC where she spear-headed recruiting and was the base-running and bullpen coach. Her coaching and playing ties range from Purdue to Wisconsin to Florida. Following the 2014 season with the Sun Devils, Gillette was named the pitching coach.
- During Gillette's three years at UNC, the Tar Heels were ranked in the top 25 while finishing third, first and second in the ACC.
- During the 2013 season, Gillette aided the team's impressive classroom achievements when three student-athletes were named to the All-ACC Academic Team, nine student athletes were named to the Dean's List at UNC, and 13 student-athletes earned a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- During UNC's 2012 ACC Champion season, Gillette was instrumental in a number of pitching-related categories, including: the team ranked second in the ACC in ERA (2.20) and opposing batting average (.212), a single pitcher struck out 333 batters - ranking fourth in UNC softball history - had an ERA of 1.87 and held opponents to a .189 batting average, the pitching staff combined to throw three total no-hitters (two no-hitters and one combined no-hitter), a single pitcher tied the school record for most starts (40) and appearances (49) in a single season, the same pitcher also threw 13 shutouts on the season which ranked second in UNC history.
- Under Gillette, pitchers were named ACC Pitcher of the Week three times and named the ACC Pitcher of the Year in 2012.
- The Tar Heels would finish the 2012 season as the Athens Regional Runner-up.
- Gillette coached at Purdue from 2007-10.
- She coached five Big Ten players of the week, nine All-Big Ten conference team members and five TPS/Louisville Slugger All-Mideast Region players.
- Purdue had their first ever NCAA Regional berth with Gillette on the staff and first ever regional win which led to NFCA Mideast Regional Coaching Staff of the Year accolades in 2008. The next year, they reached their first ever NCAA Regional Championship game.
- Prior to Purdue, Gillette was head coach of Madison Area Technical College in Madison, Wis., from 2006-07. The team was Region XIIIA runners-up with two pitchers ranking in the top 25 in strikeouts.
- In 2010, Gillette completed her master's degree in educational administration from Purdue and was named a NFCC Two Star Master Coach.
- Gillette is currently the National Fastpitch Coaches Association's Assistant Coach representative.
- She made third-team All-Big Ten her sophomore, junior and senior seasons, and was UW's Most Defensive Player in 2002, after 331 putouts (good enough for third best in the Badger record books).
- In 2004, she was named the team's Most Offensive Player and MVP, setting single-season records for doubles (14), RBI (34), fielding percentage (.996), and a single-game RBIs (6).
- In her senior season Gillette was a Badger Female Athlete of the Year nomination after she made the Tulsa Invitational Tournament Team, was Big Ten Player of the Week and Team MVP.
- A 2001 graduate of St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Gillette was a captain for the Raiders softball and volleyball teams and was voted St. Thomas Aquinas' most athletic female. The 2001 Florida Softball Player of the Year played club softball for the Clearwater Lady Bombers Gold and the Florida Lady Gators Gold.
Home Tournament Info 2015 Tournament Central 2015 Kajikawa Classic Schedule 2015 Littlewood Classic Schedule 2015 Diamond Devil Invitational Schedule 2015 Louisville Slugger Invitational
Camps Sun Devil Softball Camps
General Information Season Archives Diamond Devil's Booster Club Softball Degrees Earned (2006-Present) Ticket Information Farrington Stadium and Directions Alumni
Interact Contact Us Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter Follow Us On Instagram
Polls ESPN/USA Softball USA Today/NFCA Coaches NCAA Softball RPI