|Hometown:||Casa Grande, Ariz.|
|High School:||Casa Grande Union|
- Appeared in four games with three at-bats
- Drove in a run-scoring double in his first career at-bat vs Baylor (2/16)
- Two-time Scholar Baller (Fall ‘13 and Spring ‘14)
- Graduated from Casa Grande Union in 2013
- Was a three-year varsity letterman in baseball
- Was a team captain his senior year
- Named First Team All-State and First Team All Section, as well as a Second Team All-American, in 2013
- Second Team All Section in 2012
- 2011 All Section Honorable Mention
- Batted .330 as a sophomore, .380 as a junior, and .490 with 28 extra base hits a senior, including 17 doubles, six triples and five home runs
Personal: Majoring in exploratory life sciences…parents are Tim and Joell Esmay…has older brother, Tucker, who is a member of the Sun Devil baseball team…grandfather, Micheal, and father, Tim, played baseball at ASU…says he went to ASU because his family bleeds maroon and gold, so he wanted to be a part of it… his biggest influence were his parents: his dad for teaching him the game and his mom for feeding him bucket after bucket of baseballs…his favorite athlete of all time is Dustin Pedroia and his favorite Sun Devil is Tim Esmay…birthday is Jan. 19, 1995…full name is Cooper Scott Esmay.
Legacy Devil: Father Tim was an infielder for the Sun Devils in 1986 and 1987 before joining the coaching staff in 1988. Tim spent nine years as an assistant at ASU as well as eight seasons as the head coach at the University of Utah before being named head coach at Arizona State in 2010...younger brother of Tucker, a current member of the Sun Devil baseball team, and grandson of Micheal, a former player at ASU...is one of eight Legacy Devils on the 2014 team, along with his older brother, Tucker, and Trever Allen, David Graybill, Colin Ashworth, Mark Lambson, Emilio Torrez and Joey Bielek.