|Hometown:||La Habra, Calif.|
Click Here for Chelsea Gonzales' Career Stats
Gonzales will head into 2016 looking to build off her strong finish during the 2015 season.
- Only a sophomore, Chelsea ranks 20th overall of ASU Career Leaders with a total of 19 homeruns.
- Is batting .339 on the season and is slugging .669.
- Tied for team lead with 11 home runs, good for 31st nationally and a tie for third in the Pac-12 while her team-leading 34 RBI are seventh.
- Has 17 walks, second on the team and tied for seventh in the conference. Has 11 two-out RBI out of her team-leading 34 total RBIs
- After struggling to field the ball early (13 errors in first 21 games), she has been a perfect 45-for-45 in the last 16 games in combined putouts and assists.
- Has been effective with productive outs, advancing runners a team-leading 19 times with an out while leadin the team with three sacrifice flies this season - good for 30th nationally.
- Hit two homers in the Texas Tech series as she bat .500 overall on the weekend including hitting the walk-off sacrificefly in the second game.
- Went 6-for-14 (.429) with seven RBI and two homers at the Diamond Devil Invitational.
- Was 7-for-12 (.583) at the Littlewood Classic with a hit in each game and a team-leading five walks
- Had 5 RBI and two home runs as she represented the majority of the ASU offense against Portland State in a 7-1 victory (2/14).
Made numerous acrobatic plays in the field, showing both arm strength and glove work. Was voted Defensive Player of the Year by her teammates for the 2015 season and named the the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team as well and posted a .957 fielding percentage at shortstop, good for first among all Pac-12 shotstops with over 200 chances.
Finished the season ranking fourth on the team with a .518 slugging percentage and fifth (behind four seniors) with 55 total hits on the seaon.
Was a Pac-12 Second-Team All-Conference Selection ending her 2015 season.
Was fourth on the team with 11 home runs. Hit her first home run of the season against Illinois State on Feb. 13th.
Went 8-for-14 with two home runs, two doubles, four runs batted in and five runs scored in the Diamond Devil Invitational.
Hit a three-run home run in the series-opening win over California on Mar. 20.
Hit a go-ahead grand slam in the top of the seventh against Arizona on Mar. 27.
Went 4-for-9 with two doubles and four runs batted in in the double header against UTEP on April 7.
Had a two-run home run against Oregon on April 12.
On April 17 against Oregon State, Gonzales assisted or put out on 11 total plays in the field, and twice made all three outs in an inning.
- Had at least one hit and two RBI in four straight games between April 4 and April 10.
- Went 1-for-2 with a home run and 3 RBI on March 8 against San Jose State.
- Hit her first career home run on Feb. 14 against No.11 Oklahoma.
- Became first Sun Devil to homer in three consecutive postseason games (May 16-18).
- Finished freshman season with a .333 average, nine doubles, eight home runs and 45 RBI.
- Led the team with 19 2-out RBI.
- Was named to the Pac-12 All-Freshman All-Conference Team on May 14.
- Gonzales hit .417 as a sophomore and brought in 13 runs en route to being named All-Trinity League Second Team.
- Was named to the-All County Softball Team and was named MVP of the Trinity League in 2011 and 2013 while being the Rookie of the Year in 2010.
- Played summer ball for Tony Rico of the Worth Firecrackers based in southern California.
Personal: Born June 19, 1995 to Mark and Cheryl Gonzales in La Habra, Calif...Has been playing softball since the age of three...Currently studying family and human development.
Pac-12 All Defensive Team | May 13th
Pac-12 Second-Team All-Conference | May 13th
ASU Defensive Player of the Year | May 10th