- Looks to compete immediately for playing time one of the linebacker positions.
- Good strength and size for a player his age.
- Regarded as one of the most intense high school defenders in the nation and an incredible leader.
- Has great range in pass coverage and physicality in run support.
- A hard-hitter and considered one of the toughest high school football players in America.
- The top high school defensive player in ASU’s 2014 class.
- Enrolled at ASU in January.
Became one of eight Sun Devils all-time to start the season opener as a true freshman and recorded five tackles in his debut.
Named a Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America.
All-Pac-12 Honorable Mention
Calhoun appeared in all 13 games for the Sun Devils this season, making six starts.
Finished with 35 tackles on the year.
Had seven tackles for a loss, good for fifth on the team
- Had five tackles and a TFL in his first career start against Weber State (8/28).
- Had a career high seven tackles against Colorado (9/13) and his first career fumble recovery.
- Topped his previous career high with nine against USC, including his first career sack and a career high 2.5 tackles for loss
- Had two tackles for loss against Oregon State (11/15)
- Had a sack and three tackles against Washington State (11/22)
- Named Freshman All-American by the Football Writers Association of America
- SCOUT 2014 All-America selection
- Unanimously regarded as a four-star prospect.
- Participated in the 2014 U.S. Army All-American Game and was chosen to be a team captain for the West.
- Rated by PrepStar as the No. 99 overall prospect in America.
- Listed by Rivals.com as the No. 12 linebacker recruit in the country.
- Ranked by Scout.com as the No. 145 overall prospect in the country and the No. 13 outside linebacker recruit in the nation.
- Also ranked by Scout.com as the No. 28 overall prospect in the west region and the region’s third-best linebacker recruit.
- Listed by Rivals.com as the No. 12 outside linebacker prospect in the nation and the No. 183 overall recruit in the country.
- Rated by ESPN as the No. 16 outside linebacker prospect in the nation.
- Ranked by 24-7 Sports as the No. 183 overall prospect in the nation, the No. 13 outside linebacker in the country and the No. 22 overall recruit in the state of California.
- Mentioned on the Tacoma (Wash.) News Tribune’s “Western 100” list after his senior season.
- As a junior in 2012 he was named League Defensive Player of the Year and unanimous First Team All-League as well as First-Team All-East Bay as a junior.
- Chose ASU over virtually the entire Pac-12 as well as offers from Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, Houston, Miami (Fla.), Nebraska, Nevada, San Diego State, Utah State and UTEP.
- Coached by Kenny Kahn at El Cerrito High.