- Was a defensive leader for one of the nation's elite high school football programs.
- Brings elite athleticism and leadership skills to the linebacker position.
- Looks to compete for a spot in the linebacking core.
- Played in 12 games primarily as a reserve linebacker
- Saw playing time as SPUR linebacker in the absence of Laiu Moeakiola against Colorado (9/13) and answered to the tune of a career-high five tackles and his first career sack and interception - the latter all but sealing the game for the Sun Devils.
- Had a career high five tackles against USC (10/4)
- Finished with 16 tackles on the year
- Helped guide Allen High School to back-to-back Texas 5A Division I State Championships. Allen High School finished the year ranked as the second-best high school football program in America according to MaxPreps and Scout.com with a perfect 16-0 season.
- Named Defensive MVP of the 2013 state championship game after tallying 5.5 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble.
- Rated as the No. 27 linebacker recruit in the nation by Rivals.com, ranked by Scout.com as the No. 47 outside linebacker recruit in the nation. Listed by ESPN as the No. 85 outside linebacker prospecct in the coutry.
- Chose ASU over reported scholarship offers including ones from Baylor, Boise, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.
- Coached by Tom Westerberg at Allen High.