- One of the most prominent quarterback prospects to come to ASU.
- Will vie for the backup quarterback position in 2014 behind incumbent Taylor Kelly.
- Brings elite athleticism and unparalleled leadership to the quarterback position.
- One of the most talented quarterbacks in America and the highest-rated quarterback to sign with ASU since 2005.
- A consummate team-leader with a tireless work ethic.
- Verbally committed to ASU in the summer before his senior season and was the leading force among the commitment class.
- Incredibly coachable and a spectacular student of the game.
- Dynamic on the football field and able to beat opponents in a multitude of ways - with either his arm or legs.
- Regarded as one of the best football players in the history of his county. Expected to be a perfect fit for the Sun Devil offense and has immeasurable upside.
- Played in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl in Carson, California.
- Competed in the illustrious Elite-11 quarterback camp in 2013.
- Named the Nike Football Training Camps Top Underclassman and a member of the Oakland All-Nike Camp Team in the summer prior to his junior year.
- Labeled as a four-star prospect by Scout.com, ESPN, and 24-7 Sports, rated as the ninth-best dual-threat quarterback in the nation by 24-7 Sports and listed by ESPN as the No. 13 dual-threat quarterback recruit in the country.
- Rated by Scout.com as the No. 14 quarterback prospect in the nation, also ranked by Scout.com as the No. 41 overall prospect in the west region and the region’s third-best quarterback recruit. Listed by Rivals.com as the No. 20 quarterback recruit in the country.
- Was also a three-year varsity contributor on San Marin’s basketball team.
- mentioned on the Tacoma (Wash.) News Tribune’s “Western 100” list after his senior season.
- Earned All-West Region honors by PrepStar after his senior season.
- Threw for 2,195 yards with 21 touchdowns and rushed 155 times for 811 yards with 15 scores.
- Passed for 2,335 yards with 19 touchdowns and rushed 152 times for 567 yards with seven scores as a junior in 2012.
- Played sparingly as a sophomore on varsity in 2011.
- Chose ASU over Pac-12 scholarship interest as well as offers from Colorado State, Utah State and Wyoming.
- Coached by Steve Stanfel at San Marin High.