- One of the premier running backs in the West.
- Brings to ASU an excellent blend of strength, toughness and quickness.
- Has great burst and a strong lower body to go along with excellent hands out of the backfield.
- Speedy enough to dash to the sidelines and physical enough to run between the tackles.
- Appeared as a true freshman in the opener against Weber State (8/28), finishing with 24 yards on the ground and one reception for 22 yards.
- Had the first touchdown rush of his career on a 49-yard scamper against UNM (9/6)
- Had a career game against Utah (11/1), leading the team in rushing 14 times for a 116 yards with no negative rushes in the game
- Posted career highs with three receptions for 51 yards and a touchdown against Notre Dame (11/8) while adding 50 yards and a touchdown on the ground
- A four-star recruit according to ESPN and Scout.com, listed by Scout.com as the No. 28 running back recruit in the nation, also ranked by Scout.com as the No. 51 overall prospect in the West Region and the region's fifth-best running back recruit. Rated by Rivals.com as the No. 38 running back in the nation, listed by ESPN as the No. 43 running back recruit in the nation. Rated by 24-7 sports as the No. 44 running back prospect.
- Played in the 2014 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl in Carson, California.
- Product of the same high school that produced former ASU star Derek Hagan, the Pac-10 Conference's career leader in receptions at the conclusion of his Sun Devil career.
- Carried 503 times for 4,251 yards (8.5 average) with 63 rushing touchdowns over his three-year varsity career.
- Also caught 29 passes for 563 yards (19.4 avg.) with five touchdowns.
- Saw action on defense as well, collecting 78 career tackles with seven interceptions, three sacks and two forced fumbles.
- Spent time returning kicks and punts during his career.
- Tallied 5,469 career all-purpose yards.
- Posted 153 carries for 1,180 yards (7.7 avg.) with 23 rushing touchdowns as a senior in 2013 and added 11 receptions for 211 yards with two scores.
- Tallied 1,603 all-purpose yards as a senior.
- Posted 44 tackles (22 solo) with five interceptions, three pass deflections and one forced fumble as a senior.
- Had his top rushing season as a junior, totaling 1,722 yards on 188 carries (9.2 avg.) with 24 touchdowns, while adding 11 receptions for 212 yards with two touchdowns, collecting 2,311 all-purpose yards.
- Carried 162 times for 1,349 yards (8.3 avg.) with 16 touchdowns as a sophomore in 2011, caught seven passes for 140 yards with a touchdown and tallied 1,555 all-purpose yards as a sophomore.
- Posted 34 tackles (13 solo), 3.0 sacks and two interceptions in 2011.
- Chose ASU over scholarship offers from the majority of the Pac-12 as well as from Colorado State, Fresno State, Iowa State, Michigan State, Nebraska, San Diego State, Tennessee, Utah State and West Virginia.
- Coached by Jeff Williams at Palmdale High.