- Tremendously versatile athlete who was recruited by multiple schools to play numerous positions.
- A true dual-threat quarterback with equal effectiveness throwing and running the ball.
- A top baseball prospect as well and is expected to play baseball at ASU.
- Would be the first football player since Brandon Magee in 2011 to be on ASU’s baseball roster.
- Enjoyed a standout senior season at quarterback and will begin his Sun Devil career at that position
- Listed by ESPN as the No. 41 dual-threat quarterback recruit in the country.
- Rated by Scout.com as the No. 43 quarterback prospect in the nation.
- Also ranked by Scout.com as the No. 108 overall prospect in the west region and the eighth-best quarterback recruit in the region.
- Earned All-West Region honors by PrepStar after his senior season.
- Nearly amassed 4,500 passing yards and 3,500 rushing yards over three years as a varsity performer.
- Completed 60% of his passes for 1,733 yards with 20 touchdowns and only six interceptions as a senior.
- Added 1,418 rushing yards with 25 scores on 140 carries (10.1 avg.) averaging 101.3 rushing yards per game.
- Posted 3,151 yards of total offense as a senior.
- Attended Norco (Calif.) High School before transferring prior to his senior year.
- Passed for 1,330 yards with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions while rushing for 1,131 yards with 20 scores as a junior in 2012.
- Threw for 1,429 yards with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions and rushed for 843 yards and six touchdowns as a sophomore on varsity for Norco High in 2011.
- Coached by his father, Todd Gerhart, in high school.
- Todd Gerhart also coached current and former Sun Devils such as Carl Bradford and Deantre Lewis at the high school level.
- Chose ASU over reported scholarship offers from Boise State, BYU, Duke, Fresno State, Hawaii, Iowa State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Penn State, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin and multiple Pac-12 programs.
Personal: His older brother, Garth, started 35 career games on the offensive line for the Sun Devils from 2008-11 and earned Second-Team All-Pac-12 honors as a senior...his other brother, Toby, starred at running back for Stanford and was the runner-up for the 2009 Heisman Trophy...