- Recorded a career best time of 24:16 in the 8k (2012).
Arizona State 2014
- Earned Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention Honors
- ASU men’s first NCAA qualifier since 2010
- Placed 117th at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 22) at 31:40.7
- Earned All-West Region honors after placing eighth at the NCAA West Regional meet (Nov. 14) at 29:46.4
- Placed 20th at the Pac-12 Championships (Oct. 31) at 24:15
Arizona State 2013:
- Competed at the Pac-12 Championships in the 8k and placed 22nd with a time of 25:53.
- Finished second in the 8k at the George Kyte Invitational (24:56.1).
Arizona State 2012:
- Recorded a career best time of 24:16 in the 8k at the Pac-12 Championships.
- A 2011 graduate of Trabuco Hills High School (Mission Viejo, Calif.).
- Lettered three times in cross country and twice in track & field...Served as the team captain for both squads one time each.
- Helped team to the Orange County Championship in 2010 and added three league team titles in his time on the squad.
- Earned all-county recognition twice.
- Selected as the team's MVP in 2009 and earned the Coaches Award in 2010 and 2011 in cross country.
- Named the team's Top Newcomer in the 2008-09 season.
- Earned a spot in the Arcadia 3,200m race as a senior and ran a personal-best time of 9:11.
Personal: Majoring in exercise and wellness...Parents are William and Joni Herson...One brother, Spencer...Born March 25, 1993, in Laguna Hills, Calif...Hobbies include going to the beach, skiing, card and video games and watching movies...Full name is Ryan William Herson...
Personal Bests • 1500: 3:46.83 • 3000: 8:12.29• 5000: 13:51.00 • 10,000: 30:02.15