Aug. 30, 1997
Arizona State vs. New Mexico State Game Notes
- Arizona State is now 57-26-2 on opening day. The Sun Devils have won 10 of their last 12 season-openers.
- Snyder is 4-2 in season-openers with both losses coming to the Huskies.
- ASU has won eight straight season-openers against non-conference foes.
- ASU has won 16 of its last 18 games; 12 straight regular-season games; and 10 of the last 11 home games.
- Arizona State has won five straight and 11 of its last 13 home-openers. The Sun Devils are 61-21-1 all-time in their first game before the home crowd. In Sun Devil Stadium, ASU is 33-7 in home openers. Under Snyder, ASU is 5-1 in home openers.
- Arizona State is 194-62-3 all-time in Sun Devil Stadium and 6-0 since the playing surface was dedicated as Frank Kush Field.
- ASU's Darrin Ransom's 11-yard TD run in the first quarter was the first of his collegiate career.
- 36-yard run by ASU's Marlon Farlow is a career-long.
- J.R. Redmond's 93-yard TD run ties for fifth all-time at ASU for longest run from scrimmage.
- Redmond's 93-yard run is the longest since Mark Malone's 98-yard run vs. Utah State in 1979.
- Redmond notches his first 100-yard game.
- NMSU's Nick Cecava's 29-yard field goal was the first of his career. In 1996, NMSU did not convert a field goal attempt until week 9.
- NMSU's Duane Gregory tied a school record with a catch in his 31st consecutive game.
- ASU's Robert Nycz has now connected on 96 of 97 career extra points and 24 of 34 career field goals.