Another chapter in Sun Devil Athletics history was written on Friday afternoon at the Phoenix Country Club as seven of the greatest student-athletes in Arizona State University history, surrounded by family, friends, teammates, school administrators and supporters, were inducted into the ASU Sports Hall of Fame.
The 2013 class is comprised of seven student-athletes from five different varsity sports and includes Willie Bloomquist (baseball), Reka Cseresnyes (women’s tennis), Chris Hanell (men’s golf), Todd Heap (football), John Jacobs (baseball), Eric Larkin (wrestling) and J.R. Redmond (football).
Jeff Munn, the Voice of Sun Devil Women’s Basketball, emceed the event and Steve Patterson, Vice President for University Athletics, and Don Bocchi, Senior Associate Athletics Director, each made opening remarks before the formal inductions began.
- Redmond was introduced by Kevin Miniefield, a former Sun Devil football letterwinner and current SDA coordinator for student-athlete outreach.
- Cseresnyes was introduced by women’s tennis head coach Sheila McInerney,
- Hanell was introduced by Bob Hobbs, Sr.
- Jacobs was introduced by Don Bocchi, Senior Associate Athletics Director.
- Larkin was introduced by Lance Patrick.
- Heap was introduced by Jeff Cooley.
- Bloomquist was introduced by ASU baseball head coach Tim Esmay.