TEMPE, Ariz. – The Arizona State University women’s soccer team will have seven of its 20 games televised by Pac-12 Networks as eighth-year head coach Kevin Boyd today announced the team’s 2014 schedule.
Below are notes on the team’s 2014 slate:
- The Sun Devil will play eight games at home, nine games on the road and three at neutral sites.
- The following ASU games will be televised by Pac-12 Networks, which will carry a total of 69 live women’s soccer games in 2014:
- vs. Oklahoma State (Fri., Sept. 5 at 4 p.m. PT)
- vs. Texas A&M (Sun., Sept. 7 at 11 a.m. PT)
- vs. defending national champion UCLA (Fri., Sept. 26 at 4 p.m. PT)
- at USC (Fri., Oct. 17 at 2 p.m. PT)
- at Colorado (Fri., Oct. 31 at 3 p.m. MT/2 p.m. PT)
- at Utah (Sun., Nov. 2 at 2 p.m. MT)
- vs. Arizona in Territorial Cup Series contest (Fri., Nov. 7 at 2 p.m. MT)
- The Sun Devils will play seven of their first nine contests away from home before opening Pac-12 play with three straight home games. ASU will also play three of its final five games at home.
- ASU will face nine teams that made it to the NCAA Tournament last year, including five schools that were among the final 16: at Illinois (NCAA Sweet 16), vs. Oklahoma State (NCAA First Round), vs. Texas A&M (NCAA Sweet 16), vs. UCLA (national champions), at Washington State (NCAA First Round), vs. Cal (NCAA First Round), vs. Stanford (NCAA Sweet 16), at Colorado (NCAA Sweet 16) and at Utah (NCAA First Round).
- ASU will open its 2014 campaign at the Outrigger Resorts Shootout in Honolulu, Hawaii, where it will face Texas (Fri., Aug. 22) and Hawaii (Sun., Aug. 24).
- The Sun Devils will remain in the continental U.S. for their second road trip of the season when they travel to the state of Illinois to face Illinois (Fri., Aug. 29) and Loyola University Chicago (Sun., Aug. 31).
- The Sun Devils will make their 2014 home debut in Week 3 when they host the annual Sun Devil Classic. ASU will face Oklahoma State on Fri., Sept. 5 at 4 p.m. and will close out the weekend vs. Texas A&M on Sun., Sept. 7 at 11 a.m. The University of Arizona will also be in town to meet Texas A&M (Friday at 6:30 p.m.) and Oklahoma State (Sunday at 1:30 p.m.).
- ASU’s last three non-conference games will all be played away from home: vs. New Mexico State (Fri., Sept. 12) and vs. Nevada (Sun., Sept. 14) at the Cats Classic in Tucson, Ariz., and at Cal State Northridge (Fri., Sept. 19).
The Sun Devil soccer team returns six regular starters from last year's team that went 9-8-2 and came just short of earning the program's fourth NCAA Tournament appearance in a five-year span. Included among the returning starters are junior forward and leading scorer Cali Farquharson (2013 All-Pac-12 Second Team, 2013 NSCAA All-Pacific Region Second Team) and junior defender McKenzie Berryhill (2013 All-Pac-12 Second Team, 2013 NSCAA All-Pacific Region Third Team). Earlier this month Farquharson and Berryhill were both participants in the U.S. Under-23 Women’s National Team training camp.