CORAL SPRINGS, Fla.—The Arizona State women’s golf team was honored for recording one of the highest team GPA’s in the nation by the Women’s Golf Coaches Association, the organization announced last week. As a team, the Sun Devils recorded a cumulative 3.592 GPA, good for 23rd in the nation. Lee University took the top honor for the third straight season, earning the All-Scholar Team GPA Award.
The WGCA’s All-Scholar teams encompass the entire collegiate golf landscape. Among Division I programs, Arizona State ranks 16th in the nation for team GPA and is only one of three teams on the list to qualify for the NCAA Championships.
The Sun Devils continually rank high in academics among their competitors with ASU placing all five golfers from its line-up on the Pac-12 All-Academic Team. For the second-straight season, junior Daniela Ordonez recorded the highest GPA of any Pac-12 golfer with a 3.88 in the W.P. Carey School of Business.
2012-13 NCAA DI Women’s Golf Team GPA Rankings
1. University of Alabama – 3.806 GPA*
2. Dartmouth College – 3.741 GPA
3. University of Louisville – 3.711 GPA
4. Indiana University, Purdue University- Fort Wayne – 3.675 GPA
5. University of Arkansas – 3.670 GPA*
6. Utah Valley University – 3.666 GPA
7. University of Texas-El Paso – 3.663 GPA
8. University of Akron – 3.654 GPA
9. Augusta State University – 3.637 GPA
10. Coastal Carolina University – 3.630 GPA
11. Yale University – 3.626 GPA
12. Northern Illinois University – 3.623 GPA
13. University of Detroit Mercy- 3.617 GPA
14. Ball State University – 3.612 GPA
15. Eastern Kentucky University – 3.604 GPA
16. Arizona State University – 3.592 GPA*
17. Georgia State University – 3.590 GPA
* Qualified for NCAA Championships