|Position:||Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator|
• Scott Champ joined the Sun Devil Soccer coaching staff in May 2011.
• Champ came to ASU from Princeton University where he spent six seasons as an assistant coach in addition to serving as the program's recruiting coordinator. In 2008, Champ was part of a staff that helped guide the Tigers to a share of the Ivy League conference title and their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2004. In 2010 Princeton came within a win of advancing to NCAAs for the second time in three seasons.
• At Princeton, Champ provided support in all facets of the program's day-to-day operations including game and practice preparation and implementation, team travel, game scheduling, game video editing, procurement of equipment and organizing Princeton's winter and summer camps. As the program's recruiting coordinator Champ was responsible for maintaining a national recruiting base of outstanding scholar-athletes.
• Prior to arriving at Princeton, Champ was on the coaching staff at Texas A&M, where he helped lead the women's soccer team to the Big 12 championship in 2004.
• Champ's professional playing career included time in Hungary and then in the United States in the USISL. He also has more than a decade of coaching experience on the youth level and holds a U.S. Soccer Federation "A" license, the highest level the organization awards.
• Champ played collegiately at the University of Virginia, where he was a member of the Cavaliers' 1989 and 1991 NCAA championship teams. He earned All-ACC Academic honors while at Virginia, graduating in 1992 with a degree in chemistry. During his time at Texas A&M Champ also completed coursework toward a Ph.D in organic chemistry.
• Champ and his wife, Bethany, have a son (Asa) and a daughter (Vivien).