TRITON INVITE RESULTS
LA JOLLA, Calif.—Arizona State track and field’s redshirt junior Alex Hartig won the Triton Invite’s open section of the women’s shot put with a career best toss of 15.93m (52-3.25) on Saturday at the Triton Track & Field Stadium.
Also in the field was redshirt freshman Ashley Weber, who threw 14.45m (47-5.00) for 11th. In the invitational section, redshirt senior Anna Jelmini took 10th with a throw of 15.98m (52-5.25).
In the open section of the men’s discus, redshirt junior Michael Ohakwe led ASU with a season-best toss of 54.06m (177-04) for 10th overall. Long followed with a career-best throw at 51.77m (169-10), while Estes threw 47.00m (154-02), also a career best. Redshirt freshman Thomas Anderson also threw a new personal best with a throw of 46.76m (153-05).
On the men’s side of the shot put, redshirt junior Kyle Lillie took sixth with a toss of 16.98m (55-8.50), while redshirt senior Nathan Estes took 11th at 15.55m (51-0.25) and redshirt freshman Kyle Long followed in 12th at 15.42m (50-7.25).
Up next, ASU will make the trip down I-10 to Tucson for the Double Dual with Arizona and Northern Arizona on Saturday, May 3.
Women’s Shot Put Invitational
10. Anna Jelmini – 15.98m (52-5.25)
Women’s Shot Put Open
1. Alex Hartig – 15.93m (52-3.25)
11. Ashley Weber – 14.45m (47-5.00)
Men’s Shot Put Open
6. Kyle Lillie – 16.98m (55-8.50)
11. Nathan Estes – 15.55m (51-0.25)
12. Kyle Long – 15.42m (50.7-25)
Men’s Discus Throw Open
10. Michael Ohakwe – 54.06m (177-04)
20. Kyle Long – 51.77m (169-10)
33. Nathan Estes – 47.00m (154-02)
34. Thomas Anderson – 46.76m (153-05)
16. Ryan Leslie – 55.08m (180-08)
22. Kyle Long – 51.37m (168-06)