McKenna Comes Home on Top
McKenna All About Team
2009-10: Earned Honorable Mention All-Pac-10 honors... went 24-12 in overall singles and 13-6 in match play... partnered primarily with Hannah James, earned a 7-6 overall doubles record... named Pac-10 All-Academic First-Team... clinched three matches for the Sun Devils this season.
2008-09: Named an All-American in both singles and doubles... became the first Sun Devil to earn All-American honors in both singles and doubles since Adria Engel in 2002... is one of six Sun Devils to earn All-Americans in both singles and doubles... finished the season ranked eight in singles... won the ITA All-American Tournament in November... defeated many of the nation's top 25 ranked players... named ITA's West Region Player to Watch... reached the quarterfinals of the NCAA Doubles Championships with partner Micaela Hein... finished ranked 21st in doubles... earned a 33-13 singles record and 27-12 doubles record... earned an 8-16 seed in the NCAA Championships... named First-Team All-Pac-10... earned first-team Pac-10 All-Academic accolades... named ITA West Region Player to Watch... earned her second ITA Scholar Athlete honor
2007-2008: A stellar first season with the Sun Devils... was ranked #27 this season... recorded a total of 33 wins in singles play, most on the team... captured 4 wins with partner Nadia Abdala... another 4 wins with partner Wendy Pilecka... another win with partner Lauren Megale... recorded 17 wins with partner Micaela Hein... went 2-0 with partner Jessica Leitch... totaled 28 wins in doubles play... was given All Pac-10 Honors... also was given the 2008 ITA West Region Rookie of the Year award... Named an ITA Scholar Athlete
High School/Juniors: A four-year letter winner in volleyball and tennis at North Bend High School...captained her high school volleyball team for two years...was a two-time 3A player of the year and a member of the National Honors Society.
Personal: Born April 11, 1989 in North Bend, Oregon... parents are Matt (high school teacher) and Patti (first grade teacher) McKenna...has one sister, Stacy Farm (25)...full name is Kelcy Anne McKenna... majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in history... lists her most exciting sports moment as winning the 4A Volleyball State Championships in 2006.
1. The most exciting thing I did this summer was: practice barrel rolling.
2. My favorite food is: chocolate milk and chicken.
3. I could not live without: my family.
4. One word to describe me is: firery.
5. If I was an animal, I would be a: shark.
6. My favorite Sun Devil moment is: the year ASU finished 4th in the Director's Cup.
7. If I was in a music video, I would want it to be with: Jason Mraz
8. A dream vacation for me would be: Greece.
9. My favorite pro athlete is: Michael Phelps.
10. If I could go on a dinner date with anyone, it would be: Stacy and Raegan.
11. The most embarrassing moment for me was: one of the many times I've tripped, slipped or fallen!
12. One thing you don't know about me is: I love going to Farmers markets!
13. The best singer on our team is: Amanda.
14. Person I would nominate for "You think you can dance" is: Micaela.
15. My favorite restaurant is: Coach House, Roys and McAllisters.
|Kelcy McKenna 2011 Results|
|Jan. 21||Iowa State||1||Erin Karonis||W||6-1, 6-1|
|Jan. 23||UC Davis||1||Dahra Zamudio||W||6-3, 6-2|
|Jan. 29||No. 22 South Carolina||1||No. 37 Anya Morgina||W||6-4, 7-6 (3)|
|Jan. 30||No. 11 Miami||1||No. 16 Bianca Eichkorn||L||6-3, 6-3|
|Feb. 13||Pacific||1||Jennifer Widjaja||W||2-6, 6-4, 10-8|
|Feb. 26||USF||1||No. 52 Irene Rehberger||W||6-7, 6-4, 7-6|
|Mar. 4||Washington State||1||Elizabeth Fournier||W||6-3, 6-2|
|Mar. 5||Oregon||1||No. 100 Pavlina Smatova||W||6-1, 7-5|
|Mar. 12||California||1||Jana Juricova||L||6-0, 4-6, 7-5|
|Mar. 16||USC||1||Maria Sanchez||L||6-0, 6-3|
|Mar. 22||UC Irvine||1||Courtney Byron||W||4-6, 6-4 (10-1)|
|Mar. 23||DePaul||1||Katrina Milinkovic||W||6-3, 6-4|
|Mar. 25||Washington||1||No. 5 Denise Dy||L||6-2, 6-2|
|Apr. 1||No. 1 Stanford||1||No. 4 Hilary Barte||L||6-3, 6-2|
|Apr. 2||No. 10 California||1||No. 2 Jana Juricova||L||7-5, 6-3|
|Apr. 8||No. 13 USC||1||No. 1 Maria Sanchez||W||6-4, 1-6, 6-4|
|Apr. 9||No. 8 UCLA||1||No. 58 McCall Jones||W||6-2, 5-7, 6-2|