• Named the head coach in 2008, the sixth in program history. Named the head coach of sand volleyball in June of 2013, the first in program history.
• In 2012, the Sun Devil squad opened with an 11-2 record, the best start in program history since 1992 when the Sun Devils advanced to a program-best Sweet Sixteen appearance.
• Since 2012, Watson has grabbed seven wins against ranked opponents in his five years at ASU.
• ASU's 2012 squad made the programs 16th appearance in the NCAA tournament and Watson is the fifth coach from ASU to guide the Sun Devils to a NCAA postseason berth.
• Watson's 20 wins in 2012 is the most in a single season at ASU, most for the program since 1993. The nine conference wins is the most under Watson and most since 2000 for the program.
• Watson's 2012 and 2010 recruiting class were ranked in the top-25.
• At BYU, he compiled a 74-18 (.804) overall record while leading them to three-straight NCAA Tournament appearances.
• In only his first season as head coach, he was named the Mountain West Conference Coach of the Year after leading his team to a 25-4 record, the program's best record since 1998.
• In addition to leading BYU to the MWC regular-season title, Watson also helped lead them back to the NCAA Tournament
• In 2007, he led the Cougars to a 24-8 overall record and finish in NCAA Regional Final (Elite 8) as well as a final national ranking of 12th and at one point in the season as high a rank as ninth.
• Watson's teams have been ranked as high as eighth on RPI.
• Prior to his head-coaching debut at BYU in 2005, Watson had amassed 11 years as an assistant coach at four universities.
• Had an All-American playing career at BYU from 1990-1994, where he was a four-year starter and two-time captain.
• Watson coached for two years under his former coach, Carl McGown before beginning his career in women's volleyball with extremely successful stints at Kansas State, Arkansas State and Montana State.
• Graduated from BYU in 1995 with a degree in physical education and sports business management after leaving his native home of Homebush, Australia.
• He and his wife, Larissa, have three children; two sons and a daughter.
Record at ASU: 68-89 (5 seasons)
COACH WATSON'S YEAR-BY-YEAR RECORDS INDOOR VOLLEYBALL:
WATSON IN THE NCAA POSTSEASON | 4-4 CAREER RECORD
2007 (At BYU)
2006 (At BYU)
2005 (At BYU)
Twitter @SunDevilVB Facebook SunDevilVolleyball Wells-Fargo Arena Map Wells-Fargo Parking Map